Customer Success Manager
The Elevator Pitch
If you are an excellent relationship builder, passionate about the customer experience, and inspired to help make the world a safer place, then this is the role for you!
Customer success is vital to Evolv’s long-term mission and profitability. We will not be successful until our customers receive massive value from our service and continue to partner with us regularly. We’re looking for Customer Success Managers who will build lasting relationships with our customers and ensure they are deriving maximum value from their investment.
As the ultimate advocate for your portfolio of accounts, you will be a trusted advisor partnering with our customers to establish proactive success plans that promote product adoption, overall customer satisfaction, and ultimately subscription renewals.
Success in the Role: What are performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
Within 1 month - 3 months, you will:
· Participate in EvolvED, our new hire orientation, located at our HQ in Waltham, MA
· Get access to tools and applications, meet members of the customer success team and other members of the organization, and begin building relationships
· Build upon lessons from orientation, technical training, Evolv Academy (LMS) sessions, and team-based peer support
· Begin to work closely with colleagues in Sales, Marketing, Logistics, and Support to understand the background of any existing customers who will be part of your portfolio
· Begin meeting with and working day-to-day with important customers.
· Gain a deep-dive understanding of processes and customers via shadowing onsite and go-lives. Within 3 months you should have put the above information all together, gaining a strong understanding of our people, processes, tools and collected various resources available to do your job successfully.
Within one year, you will:
· Have developed the capability to provide training on Evolv products, demonstrating your deep understanding and proficiency.
· Become a strong advocate for your customers within the organization, characterized by established and trust-based relationships.
· Have created a robust network of colleagues within our global organization. This network will be a valuable asset, enabling you to leverage collective expertise and support to ensure the success of our customers.
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
As a high-touch CSM, your regular activities may be modified to suit the needs of your customer portfolio, however, you can expect a variety of the following:
· Serving as primary point of contact upon deal closure to smoothly transition from “sale-to-success” by coordinating installation and training and owning client onboarding.
· Develop engagement strategies in collaboration with customers for the delivery of Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs), product performance reviews, and to provide meaningful touchpoints across the entire customer journey.
· Become an expert in Evolv solutions and educate customers on the use and benefits of our products.
· Represent the voice of the customer to provide insights and improvement requests into the core product and marketing, sales and services process.
· Proactively monitor renewal risks such as poor adoption, customer support issues, product limitations and work with a cross-functional team to quickly address any issue.
· Understand the client decision making process and organization structure; update and maintain Evolv CRM system with relevant and current account details and contacts.
· Assist with Voice of Customer surveys.
· Help drive customer references and case studies.
· Identify expansion opportunities and partner with sales to successfully close such opportunities.
· Achieve/exceed target KPIs including but not limited to: renewal %, system usage data, NPS, upsell %.
· Drive forward the customer lifecycle to ensure customer and Evolv mutual success. Take full accountability for your accounts in all aspects: Anticipating customer needs and proactively addressing them throughout the customer lifecycle, demonstrating lead time awareness, ensuring a frictionless renewal process, and ultimately positioning your accounts for growth.
· Ensure timely and successful customer onboarding, enablement, and training to help customers realize the business value of our partnership and offerings.
· Maintain customer satisfaction by engaging the right Evolv teams, removing roadblocks, and influencing product roadmaps in support of our existing customers.
· Guide and support customers through the organizational changes needed to unlock the full value of the cloud, and help them staff, train, and align their people and partners to deliver on their cloud transformation.
· Assist with support escalation to ensure critical, business-impacting issues are organized and resolved as quickly as possible.
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team?
· Customer Success Managers spend about 30-40% of their time traveling. The team also regularly meets virtually and infrequently in person to develop team strategy and learn together.
· This role reports to the Manager of Customer Success (East). This role will be part of the Customer Experience team in the Revenue Organization. The team is distributed across the United States and we are in an exciting phase of growth and development with many exciting opportunities ahead.
· Most of the team works remotely from home when they are not traveling and visiting with customers. The team's collective experience is phenomenal, from technical experts to business leaders with first-hand experience ensuring safety.
Where is the role located?
The location of this role is flexible but should be someone who resides in Mid-Atlantic, United States, preferably near Washington DC.
What is the salary range?