UX Designer Intern
The Elevator Pitch
Do you want to gain hands-on experience in Digital Products? Are you eager to learn and develop critical skills for your future career in product management?
In this 10-week Digital Products Intern role, you will help to make meaningful contributions to the company’s product development efforts, positively impacting Evolv Digital’s growth and success. Not only will you be gaining critical skills in digital products, but you will also have the opportunity to be exposed to the ins and outs of the company, while getting exposure to all other departments and how they operate.
Success in the Role: What are performance outcomes over the first half and second half of the internship you will work toward completing?
In the first 5 weeks, you will:
- Understand Evolv, our product and culture, what we do, and why we do it
- Complete comprehensive market research reports highlighting trends and opportunities
- Developing detailed product specifications, user stories, and wireframes
- Create user feedback analysis report with actionable recommendations
- Develop polished product documentation and presentation materials
- Successfully launch digital products or features based on market insights and user feedback
In the last 5 weeks, you will:
- Deliver a comprehensive PRFAQ (Press Release Frequently Asked Questions) for a new digital product; including design mocks, financial analysis, competitive analysis, engineering evaluation, legal considerations, and an illustration of how this product fits into the Evolv portfolio
- Have a better idea of what you want or don’t want out of your career
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
- Provide valuable market insights and recommendations through their market research and analysis, helping the company make informed decisions about product development and strategy.
- Assist in managing product development projects in a way that ensures they are delivered on time and within scope
- Gain valuable hands-on experience in product management, honing their analytical, communication, and project management skills.
- Benefit from mentorship and professional development opportunities, preparing you for a successful career in product management.
Quality Market Research
- Conduct comprehensive market research to identify emerging trends, customer needs, and the competitive landscape in the digital technology space.
- Produce high-quality research reports with actionable insights that inform product development decisions.
- Collaborate seamlessly with cross-functional teams, including engineers, designers, and marketers, to define, prioritize, and develop new digital products and features.
- Demonstrate your ability to work effectively with team members from diverse backgrounds.
- Contribute to a more efficient and collaborative work environment, promoting teamwork and communication among cross-functional teams.
User-Centric Product Development
- Work closely with designers to ensure a user-centric approach to product development, considering usability, accessibility, and overall user experience.
- Help create digital products that prioritize the end-user's needs and preferences.
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team?
- You will be joining the Digital Products Team, reporting to the Chief Digital Products Officer.
- The team culture is one based on building trust, collaboration, on-going development through kindness, authenticity, courage, drive and fun!
Where is the role located?
- The location of this role is based in Waltham, MA with some flexibility in being remote some days. We do not provide relocation assistance at this time.
What is the pay range?
- The hourly pay range for this internship position is $22-$26 an hour. Our pay ranges are determined by your current level of education.