Financial Analyst Intern
The Elevator Pitch
Do you want to gain hands-on experience in Financial Analysis? Are you eager to learn and develop critical skills for your future career?
In this 10-week Financial Analyst Intern role, you will optimize and document current processes to help make the FP&A team be more efficient. Not only will you be gaining critical skills in FP&A, but you will also have the opportunity to be exposed to the ins and outs of the company, while getting exposure to all other departments and how they operate.
Success in the Role: What are performance outcomes over the first half and second half of the internship you will work toward completing?
In the first 5 weeks, you will:
- Understand Evolv, our product and culture, what we do, and why we do it
- Have curiosity to learn about FP&A and our systems and asking appropriate questions
- Develop the skills to build dashboards in our forecasting software
- Understand our key performance indicators (KPI’s) and how they impact our business
- Start the framework for documentation of the processes you are working on
- Embrace our core values by being kind and respectful to others at Evolv and peers within their internship program.
In the last 5 weeks, you will:
- Publish 5-10 dashboards in our forecasting software to provide insight of performance to budget owners
- Document the process for adding said dashboards
- Help refresh and automate our Monthly KPI reporting
- Revise our weekly reporting workbook and document the process
- Have a better idea of what you want or do not want out of your career
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
- Technical development in Adaptive and Microsoft products
- Engage with team on learning current processes
- Process information that is entered into monthly and weekly KPI reports
- Develop dashboards in Adaptive for budget owners
- Link Adaptive and the Monthly KPI to streamline reporting
- Document the above processes
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team?
- You will be joining the Financial Planning and Analysis Team, reporting to the Director of FP&A.
- The team culture is one based on building trust, collaboration, on-going development through kindness, authenticity, courage, drive, and fun!
Where is the role located?
- The location of this role is based in Waltham, MA with some flexibility in being remote some days. We do not provide relocation assistance at this time.
What is the pay range?
- The hourly pay range for this internship position is $22-$26 an hour. Our pay ranges are determined by your current level of education.