Sales Development Representative- Remote, West
The Elevator Pitch
Are you a hunter who is passionate about engaging with new prospects and building demand for an industry-disrupting technology? Are you looking for a company whose product and mission you can get behind?
Evolv is looking for a motivated Sales Development Representative to help us build relationships with prospective customers across a wide span of verticals including healthcare, workplace, and education. You will work closely with the account executives in your region to define your territory plan, build and execute outbound campaigns, qualify end user prospects, and contribute to the region’s revenue goals.
Success in the Role: What are performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
In the first 30 days, you will:
- Work closely with account executives in your territory to build out a territory prioritization plan
- Learn about the market landscape & threat climate in your territory, specifically in the K12, Healthcare, and workplaces segments.
- Gain a deep understanding of Evolv’s mission, our Evolv Express & Insights products, and learn how to deliver compelling value proposition per vertical
- Learn how to have meaningful conversations about sensitive security protocols with a broad range of end-user prospects
- Understand how to identify security pain points and vet prospects for potential fit
Within 3 months, you will:
- Gather meaningful feedback from the field (prospects, customers, partners) to share with internal teams
- Own the lead qualification process
- Achieve monthly qualified meetings & sales opportunity generation goals
- Gain the confidence and trust of Account Executives in a designated region
- Pipeline management – foster data integrity within Salesforce.com CRM
- Attend trade shows to engage with prospects, customers, and our internal team in a live setting and promote Evolv’s value proposition
By the end of the first year, you will:
- Have a deep understanding of the forces driving demand for weapons screening in your region
- Have developed strong pipeline of highly qualified sales opportunities your region in key verticals (k12, healthcare, factory/warehouse)
- Be perceived by the team as the demand generation leader in the territory
- Partner with the field marketing team to drive successful live events
- Be utilized as a resource for industry news, events, and developments within the sales territory
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
- Leverage prospecting tools (Sales Engagement, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Sales Intel, Showpad, phone calls) to prioritize and engage with a funnel of leads
- Manage your prospect pipeline to prioritize engaged end users in target ICPs
- Have meaningful, engaging conversations about prospect's security concerns that compel the prospect to take the next step with Evolv
- Deliver highly qualified, end user opportunities to the region per month according to our qualification criteria
- Become an expert at Salesforce and other productivity & enablement technology as it relates to sales development, while sharpening your skills around prospect research, campaign designs, cadence building, lead engagement tracking, and pipeline management
- Drive demand in key verticals as per our 2023 go to market plan (K12, healthcare, factory/warehouse)
- Be meticulous about measuring relative success of different approaches (subject lines, messages, cadence, frequency, channel) and continuously refine the outbound approach to optimize time spend
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team?
- You will be joining the Business Development team with an SDR team of 8! This role reports to the Director of Business Development.
- The team culture is one based on building trust, collaboration, on-going development through kindness, authenticity, courage, drive and fun!
Where is the role located?
- The ideal candidate for this role will be physically based in any metro city within our 'West' (Rockies- Central, Pacific or MidWest) Sales Pods with the desire to work with our field sales teams in person, when needed.
What is the salary range?
- The base salary range for this full-time position is $48,000-$82,000 + commission + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
- Please note that the compensation details listed in role posting reflect the base salary only, and do not include commission, equity, or benefits.
If you want to solve one of the most difficult issues of our time and save lives doing it, you want to work at Evolv. We are passionate, knowing that what we do and how we do it can affect life or death situations for our customers. At Evolv, you will have unparalleled exposure to all aspects of our business, working with a talented team that shares our vision for a safer world. If you are inspired by invention and gain satisfaction from seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture, Evolv will be a great fit.
- Equity is an important component of every compensation package
- Flexible work environment
- Unique culture
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Unlimited vacation policy
- $300 per quarter to spend on the perks that are most meaningful to you
- Tuition Reimbursement
Evolv Technology (“Evolv”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace, and all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected by law in the locations where we operate. Evolv will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.