Sales Development Representative
The Elevator Pitch
Are you passionate about generating sales for a company? Do you enjoy providing excellent customer service to clients?
Evolv is looking for a motivated Sales Development Representative responsible for finding potential clients for Evolv and starting new relationships with interested clients, thus expanding our customer base. In this role, you will build highly qualified early-stage pipeline for the North American sales organization to support revenue targets.
Success in the Role: What are performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
In the first 30 days, you will:
- Work closely with account executives in your territory to build out a territory prioritization plan
- Learn about the market landscape & threat climate in your territory, specifically in the K12, Healthcare, and workplaces segments.
- Gain a deep understanding of Evolv’s mission, our Evolv Express & Insights products, and learn how to deliver compelling value proposition per vertical
- Learn how to have meaningful conversations about sensitive security protocols with a broad range of end-user prospects
- Understand how to identify security pain points and vet prospects for potential fit
Within 3 months, you will:
- Gather meaningful feedback from the field (prospects, customers, partners) to share with internal teams
- Own the lead discovery and qualification process
- Achieve monthly qualified sales opportunity generation goals
- Gain the confidence and trust of Account Executives in a designated region
- Pipeline management – foster data integrity within Salesforce.com CRM
- Attend trade shows to engage with prospects, customers, and our internal team in a live setting and promote Evolv’s value proposition
By the end of the first year, you will:
- Have developed strong pipeline of highly qualified sales opportunities your region in key verticals (k12, healthcare, factory/warehouse)
- Converted at least 10% of SDR-sourced pipeline into contracted revenue
- Be perceived by the team as the demand generation leader in the territory
- Partner with the field marketing team to drive successful live events
- Be utilized as a resource for industry news, events, and developments within the sales territory
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
- Deliver highly qualified, end user opportunities to the region per month according to our qualification criteria
- Have meaningful, engaging conversations about prospect's security concerns that compel the prospect to take the next step with Evolv
- Become an expert at salesforce and other productivity & enablement technology as it relates to the SDR (Sales Development Representative) role by report building, campaigns, cadences, lead engagement tracking, Showpad, and LinkedIn
- Drive demand in key verticals as per our 2023 go to market plan (K12, healthcare, factory/warehouse) being measured by % of pipeline per segment
- Be meticulous about measuring relative success of different approaches (subject lines, messages, cadence, frequency, channel) and continuously refine the outbound approach to optimize time spend
- Be perceived as a strategic partner to Account Executives, sales managers, and field marketing teams
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team?
- You will be joining the Business Development team with an SDR team of 6 (soon to be 9)! This role reports to the Director of Business Development.
- The team culture is one based on building trust, collaboration, on-going development through kindness, authenticity, courage, drive and fun!
Where is the role located?
- The ideal candidate for this role will be based near our headquarters in Waltham, Massachusetts with the desire to work with our teams in person, most days.
What is the salary range?
- The base salary range for this full-time position is $48,000-$82,000 + commission + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
- Please note that the compensation details listed in role posting reflect the base salary only, and do not include commission, equity, or benefits.
If you want to solve one of the most difficult issues of our time and save lives doing it, you want to work at Evolv. We are passionate, knowing that what we do and how we do it can affect life or death situations for our customers. At Evolv, you will have unparalleled exposure to all aspects of our business, working with a talented team that shares our vision for a safer world. If you are inspired by invention and gain satisfaction from seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture, Evolv will be a great fit.
- Equity is an important component of every compensation package
- Flexible work environment
- Unique culture
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Unlimited vacation policy
- $300 per quarter to spend on the perks that are most meaningful to you
- Tuition Reimbursement
Evolv Technology (“Evolv”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace, and all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected by law in the locations where we operate. Evolv will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.