The Elevator Pitch
Are you an expert in Accounting? Evolv is looking for a skilled Senior Accountant to support our expanding financial operations. If so…this is the role for you! Evolv’s Senior Accountant will be a key member of the accounting team that’s responsible for Evolv’s general accounting. This role involves taking over existing processes from another accountant to distribute the current growing workload more effectively. This position provides a fundamental opportunity to engage in essential, detailed financial management within a growing mission-driven organization.
Success in the Role: What are performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
In the first 30 days, you will:
- Participate in “EvolvED”, a week long orientation program for all new employees
- Understand the organizational structure and responsibilities within Evolv.
- Learn our processes using NetSuite.
- Gain an introductory understanding of managing Evolv’s fixed assets, prepaids, and accruals.
- Begin to familiarize yourself with our systems, internal controls, processes, and team members.
Within 3 months, you will:
- Assume responsibility for managing fixed assets, including recording additions, disposals, transfers and returns.
- Understand and manage the company’s liability exposure, ensuring accurate updates to the General Ledger (GL).
- Take charge of managing Prepaids in both NetSuite and Blackline, ensuring accurate recording.
- Begin assuming close responsibilities and marking completion of tasks in Blackline.
- Understand Evolv and help with Ad Hoc projects.
By the end of the first year, you will:
- Fully manage all aspects of fixed assets and their respective accounting entries.
- Master management of Prepaids, providing renewal notifications to the business and ensuring accurate accounting.
- Ensure accruals are recorded accurately and in a timely manner.
- Utilize your accounting degree to enhance the speed and accuracy of Evolv's book closing.
- Assist other team members as needed, exemplifying a team-player attitude.
- Ensure timely completion of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) controls.
- Answer auditor inquiries during quarterly reviews and the annual audit and establish yourself as a reliable resource in executing tasks or connecting with relevant personnel.
- Approach challenges with a solution-oriented mindset, viewing problems as opportunities to implement improvements.
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team?
You will be joining the Accounting team and reporting directly to the Assistant Controller.The team culture is one based on building trust, collaboration, on-going development through kindness, authenticity, courage, drive, and fun!
Where is the role located?This role is based out of the HQ in Waltham, Massachusetts with some flexibility in being remote some days.
What is the salary range?
- The base salary range for this full-time position is $92,000-$148,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
- Please note that the compensation details listed in role posting reflect the base salary only, and do not include commission, equity, or benefits.
If you want to solve one of the most difficult issues of our time and save lives doing it, you want to work at Evolv. We are passionate, knowing that what we do and how we do it can affect life or death situations for our customers. At Evolv, you will have unparalleled exposure to all aspects of our business, working with a talented team that shares our vision for a safer world. If you are inspired by invention and gain satisfaction from seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture, Evolv will be a great fit.
- Equity is an important component of every compensation package
- Flexible work environment
- Unique culture
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401(k) plan and company match
- Unlimited vacation policy
- $300 per quarter to spend on the perks that are most meaningful to you
- Tuition Reimbursement
Evolv Technology (“Evolv”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace, and all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected by law in the locations where we operate. Evolv will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.