IT Audit Manager
The Elevator Pitch
The IT Internal Audit Manager will serve as the primary contact point for all IT-related SOX and audit matters, including internal consultants and external auditors. You’ll be heavily involved with managing the IT SOX program, review of IT General Controls (ITGC) testing and coordination of audit requests with the IT organization. Additionally, you will be identifying opportunities for improvement across the organization and developing audit plans to address and report on the associated risks. This position is a unique blend of business partnering, process improvement, and management reporting that offers you a great opportunity to make a direct and immediate impact, coupled with a significant opportunity to grow and expand your scope of responsibilities as the Internal Audit function scales to support Evolv’s high growth business.
Success in the Role: What are performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
In the first 30 days, you will:
- Complete Evolv’s orientation program: EvolvED
- Become comfortable and familiar with our internal systems, processes, and people
- Begin the ITGC design and implementation process
- Establish strong communication lines with key IT and business stakeholders
- Identify initial areas of risk and potential improvement within the IT SOX program
- Start building relationships with established external auditors and consultants
Within 3 months, you will:
- Have successfully set up the ITGC Framework
- Have established SOX Compliance preparedness and testing
- Provide training and awareness sessions for relevant teams about the importance of ITGC and compliance requirements Review and streamline current IT audit processes to enhance efficiency and effectiveness
- Collaborate with IT and finance teams to ensure there is clear understanding and alignment on audit processes and expectations
- Develop a comprehensive IT audit roadmap to guide activities over the next year
- Present findings and recommendations from the initial audits to senior management
By the end of the first year, you will:
- Established ITGCs that have been tested and are operating effectively to clear any identified deficiencies.
- Develop and implement a continuous monitoring program for IT controls
- Successfully address and mitigate identified risks from any initial audits
- Enhance relationships with external and internal stakeholders, positioning the IT Internal Audit function as a trusted partner Present regular updates and dashboards to senior management and the board, highlighting progress, findings, and future plans
- Implement feedback loops with the IT department for continuous improvement
- Engage in industry seminars and conferences to stay updated with best practices and emerging trends in IT auditing.
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
- Manage IT SOX compliance program including internal consultant test plan, control test review and reporting
- Perform IT risk assessment and system scoping
- Assess key risks and controls; and design innovative and appropriate broad-based controls coverage across in-scope systems, exhibiting exceptional judgment regarding issue identification, issuing draft findings to business partner management, and drafting and issuing final audit reports
- Work with business owners to improve operational efficiency and compliance efforts
- Align with external auditors on ITGC test approach and reliance
- Identify opportunities for process improvement across the IT organization and coordinate with Finance teams for cross functional projects
- Lead, develop and manage the audit plan, scheduling resources, and other duties as assigned
- Consult on key management projects including Access and Enterprise Risk programs
- Demonstrates professional skepticism; present audit results in an objective manner
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team?
You will be joining the Audit team and reporting directly to the Senior Director of Internal Audit in the Finance department. The team culture is one based on building trust, collaboration, on-going development through kindness, authenticity, courage, drive, and fun!
Where is the role located?
The position will ideally be based in Waltham at Evolv headquarters but could be remote for the right candidate.
What is the salary range?
The base salary range for this full-time position is $92,000-$148,000 + commission + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation details listed in role posting reflect the base salary only, and do not include commission, equity, or benefits.
If you want to solve one of the most difficult issues of our time and save lives doing it, you want to work at Evolv. We are passionate, knowing that what we do and how we do it can affect life or death situations for our customers. At Evolv, you will have unparalleled exposure to all aspects of our business, working with a talented team that shares our vision for a safer world. If you are inspired by invention and gain satisfaction from seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture, Evolv will be a great fit.
- Equity is an important component of every compensation package
- Flexible work environment
- Unique culture
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401(k) plan + company match
- Unlimited vacation policy
- $300 per quarter to spend on the perks that are most meaningful to you
- Tuition Reimbursement
Evolv Technology (“Evolv”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace, and all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected by law in the locations where we operate. Evolv will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.