Senior Product Analyst
Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get life insurance for the next million families. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones.
We leverage deep technology and data science to streamline the life insurance process, making it more accessible and convenient. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally multi-week process into a modern digital experience for our users that can take just minutes! We’ve issued billions in coverage each month and eliminated the traditional barriers, ushering the industry into the modern age. Our full-stack technology platform is the backbone of family financial health.
We make getting life insurance easier, faster and better for everyone.
Our investors include General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, SoftBank, and the investment vehicles of Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, Robert Downey Jr and others. This year, we were named on CB Insights' Global Insurtech 50 list and BuiltIn's Top 100 Midsize Companies in San Francisco. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families!
About the Role
Ethos is looking for an Senior Product Analyst who can turn data into actionable insights to drive business decisions and performance. In this role you will lead projects and own work streams within our D2C Consumer Product business, including developing insights through business intelligence and analytical tools, conducting experiments and A/B tests to understand customer behavior and optimize the customer experience, and democratizing data through building scaleable business logic and data infrastructure. Our Senior Product Analysts provide visibility into the drivers of performance to ensure Ethos continues on its path of rapid growth and to empower leaders to make key decisions supported by data.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Product Managers to define feature goals, implement tracking, create dashboards to evaluate success, and analyze experimental results
- Perform exploratory analyses and in-depth research on large data sets to help product teams uncover high-impact opportunities in the areas of risk, fraud detection, and pricing
- Be the subject matter expert on product data and insights
- Use your data querying and visualization skills to answer any question in a way that provides actionable insights
- Communicate findings and your recommendations to key stakeholders and executives
- Use your insights to advocate for our members in everything we do
Qualifications and Skills:
- 4+ years of experience in data analysis, data science, and/or data-driven product management
- Expert knowledge of SQL
- Expertise with data visualization tools to convey actionable insights to product managers and business leaders
- Experience in A/B testing and experimentation best practices
- Knowledge of basic statistical techniques; linear and logistic regression, chain ladder method, confidence intervals
- Familiarity with a scripting language like Python or R
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. At Ethos we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.
To learn more about what information we collect and how it may be used, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.