Senior Manager, IT
Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get life insurance for the next million families. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones.
We leverage deep technology and data science to streamline the life insurance process, making it more accessible and convenient. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally multi-week process into a modern digital experience for our users that can take just minutes! We’ve issued billions in coverage each month and eliminated the traditional barriers, ushering the industry into the modern age. Our full-stack technology platform is the backbone of family financial health.
We make getting life insurance easier, faster and better for everyone.
Our investors include General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, SoftBank, and the investment vehicles of Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, Robert Downey Jr and others. This year, we were named on CB Insights' Global Insurtech 50 list and BuiltIn's Top 100 Midsize Companies in San Francisco. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families!
About the Role
We’re looking for a senior manager with a deep background in providing corporate IT support and leading a global team. The role will consist of a mix of hands-on engineering, as well as interacting with end-users/running the help desk. The ideal candidate is comfortable with a startup environment, who can balance agility while seeing and understanding the big picture. Strategically you find opportunities for creating predictable outcomes and defining standard processes, whilst embracing new technologies, and driving our culture to learn something new!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead office hours and empower employees by boosting their tech savviness
- Ensure our equipment, accounts, and internet are running smoothly and securely
- Onboard new recruits with the latest and greatest in tech
- Be the master of our company's computer assets and accessory needs
- Set the stage for large presentations with A/V hookups
Qualifications and Skills:
- A passion for technology, a love for helping people, and an attention to detail
- Experience purchasing equipment via a vendor program and using device management software
- Strong knowledge of macOS and Windows : Managing updates, Installing applications, Resolving OS-level issues
- A strong sense of security in multi-user multi-account management, including experience with: Password management, 2-Factor Authentication, VPN
- Comfortability with running basic shell commands
- Familiarity with basic networking principles including LAN, DHCP routing and firewalls
- The ability to connect multiple devices in a local network
- Familiarity in setting up and maintaining multi-access-point WAN networks
- Basic A/V knowledge including: Airplay, Chromecast, Connectors: RCA, HDMI, Thunderbolt, D-Sub, DVI, USB
- At least 4+ years' experience performing IT-related tasks in a small business or corporate environment
- Experience with the Zoom video conferencing software and Zoom Rooms is a plus
The US national base salary range for this full-time position is $99,000 - $166,000. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include applicable bonus, equity, or benefits.
You can find further details of our US benefits at https://www.ethoslife.com/careers/
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. At Ethos we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.
To learn more about what information we collect and how it may be used, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.