Registered Dietitian (PST)
Remote · United States
Posted on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
Equip is the leading virtual, evidence-based eating disorder treatment program on a mission to ensure that everyone with an eating disorder can access treatment that works. Created by clinical experts in the field and people with lived experience, Equip builds upon evidence-based treatments to empower individuals to reach lasting recovery. All Equip patients receive a dedicated care team, including a therapist, dietitian, physician, and peer and family mentor. The company operates in all 50 states and is partnered with most major health insurance plans. Learn more about our strong outcomes and treatment approach at www.equip.health
Founded in 2019, Equip has been a fully virtual company since its inception and is proud of the highly-engaged, passionate, and diverse Equisters that have created Equip’s culture. Recognized by Time as one of the most influential companies of 2023, along with awards from Linkedin and Lattice, we are grateful to Equipsters for building a sustainable treatment program that has served thousands of patients and families.
About the role:
The Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) at Equip is an integral component of our comprehensive 5-person treatment team, which includes a peer mentor, family mentor, medical provider and therapist. The RDN is responsible for all nutrition related aspects of care and will work closely with supports and patients to help them achieve their nutrition related goals. Equip is a virtual clinic, which means that care is delivered remotely through our telehealth platform. The RDN is responsible for consulting in a collaborative fashion with the Equip treatment team to provide evidenced based care utilizing multiple treatment modalities including, but not limited to, FBT and CBT-E.
- Provide evidence-based treatment in both individual and group settings for eating disorders in a virtual clinic (i.e. telehealth)
- Assist patients and supports in helping the patient transform their maladaptive eating patterns into a healthy relationship with food
- Assess nutritional status along with target weight range for patients and prescribe proper meal plans to help patients meet individualized goals
- Develop and implement individualized treatment plans to facilitate patients' progress based on the patient's unique needs
- Meet with supports and/or patients at the necessary cadence, which will include an initial nutrition assessment and subsequent follow up sessions
- Guide process of exposure to fear/challenge foods
- Work alongside a multidisciplinary treatment team of physicians, therapists, peer mentors, and family mentors, and coordinate care with outside providers.
- Utilize between-session messaging to support patients and communicate with the treatment team through Equip’s EMR in accordance with Equip’s policies and procedures. Communications include, but are not limited to, target weight ranges, weight changes, meal plan updates, and food exposure goals.
- Engage and collaborate in Treatment Team meetings, supervision, and department meetings
- Reassess nutritional needs and target weight on an ongoing basis and communicate recommendations to treatment team and families
- Deliver evidence-based nutrition education geared toward challenging eating disorder thoughts and beliefs around food/nutrition, weight and shape.Establish a therapeutic relationships with patients and supports, including rapport building, appropriate boundary setting, and a working alliance with team and family toward treatment goals
- Thorough documentation within Equip’s electronic medical record in accordance with Equip’s policies and procedures
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree at a US accredited university or college and course work accredited or approved by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) and an RDN credential
- Maintain an active license to practice in the state of residence (if license is required) and in the state(s) that their patients reside and willing to become licensed in other states (paid by Equip)
- Prefer some experience working with eating disorders, but not required
- Strong skills in communication and collaboration with diverse teams
- Experience working on interdisciplinary teams
- Organized and results-driven
- Ability to understand and balance business needs and clinical priorities
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, subject to rapid change and innovation
- Must reside in PST / MST
Bonus if you have the following:
- Passion for mental health and eating disorder treatment and expanding access to treatment
- Experience working with a variety of eating disorder diagnosis and patients of all ages
- Experience utilizing an FBT and/or CBT-E approach to eating disorder treatment
Compensation and Benefits:
Equip offers competitive compensation and benefits programs as well as, career development opportunities, and exciting team retreats to ensure community and connection. The Talent Acquisition team will provide candidates with our benefit guide and share compensation information beyond posted bands. Below we have highlighted a list of some of our most popular benefits.
Short and long term incentives, including yearly bonus potential
Remote work from home
Flexible PTO & Leave programs
Health, dental, and vision insurance
Wellness and reproductive care programs
401k retirement savings plan
Home office set-up stipend
Co-working monthly stipend
Equal Employment Opportunity:
At Equip, we believe that our diverse perspectives are our biggest strengths — and that embracing them will create real change in healthcare. As an equal opportunity employer, we provide equal opportunity in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, training and promotion, termination, and any other terms and conditions of employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, familial status, age, weight, disability and/or any other legally protected classification protected by federal, state, or local law.