Patient Services Representative
Remote · United States
Posted on Wednesday, December 13, 2023
Equip is the leading virtual, evidence-based eating disorder treatment program on a mission to ensure that everyone with an eating disorder can access treatment that works. Created by clinical experts in the field and people with lived experience, Equip builds upon evidence-based treatments to empower individuals to reach lasting recovery. All Equip patients receive a dedicated care team, including a therapist, dietitian, physician, and peer and family mentor. The company operates in all 50 states and is partnered with most major health insurance plans. Learn more about our strong outcomes and treatment approach at www.equip.health
Founded in 2019, Equip has been a fully virtual company since its inception and is proud of the highly-engaged, passionate, and diverse Equisters that have created Equip’s culture. Recognized by Time as one of the most influential companies of 2023, along with awards from Linkedin and Lattice, we are grateful to Equipsters for building a sustainable treatment program that has served thousands of patients and families.
About the role:
We are looking for a Patient Service Representative to join the Admissions team in PST or MST. The primary responsibility of the patient service representative is to manage inbound patient inquiries via phone call, email, or other forms of communication. The patient services representative will also provide program information, discuss insurance and finances, and hand off interested families to the Specialist. In addition, the patient services representative will document calls in a CRM.
The right person will have strong organizational skills, multitasking abilities, and sales skills. The ideal candidate is also comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment, solving problems independently, and comfortable with ambiguity as data systems and processes are still being shaped.
- Answering inquiry calls, emails, web forms, etc., and providing live information to patients, families, and referrents.
- Respond to inquiries quickly and efficiently while routing inquiries to appropriate departments.
- Collect patient information and input data points into various platforms and systems.
- Schedule patient screening appointments, conduct reminder calls, and provide support to patients/families who request live contact.
- Resolve patient requests in one call/contact or successfully manage prolonged or complex issues, with high attention to managing the customer experience and emotion.
- 2+ years of experience as a call center representative, customer service representative, and/or patient scheduling
- Experience with fast-paced, high volume inbound call management
- Strong skills in communication and collaboration with diverse teams
- Organized and results-driven
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, subject to rapid change and innovation
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Hours are 8:00 am- 5:00 pm CST
Bonus if you have the following
- Experience in healthcare and/or front desk management or health unit coordination
- Experience working in a remote environment
- Previous experience working in a health-tech startup
- Passion for mental health and eating disorder treatment and expanding access to treatment
Compensation and Benefits:
Equip offers competitive compensation and benefits programs as well as, career development opportunities, and exciting team retreats to ensure community and connection. The Talent Acquisition team will provide candidates with our benefit guide and share compensation information beyond posted bands. Below we have highlighted a list of some of our most popular benefits.
Short and long term incentives, including yearly bonus potential
Remote work from home
Flexible PTO & Leave programs
Health, dental, and vision insurance
Wellness and reproductive care programs
401k retirement savings plan
Home office set-up stipend
Co-working monthly stipend
Equal Employment Opportunity:
At Equip, we believe that our diverse perspectives are our biggest strengths — and that embracing them will create real change in healthcare. As an equal opportunity employer, we provide equal opportunity in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, training and promotion, termination, and any other terms and conditions of employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, familial status, age, weight, disability and/or any other legally protected classification protected by federal, state, or local law.