Patient Services Representative
Remote · United States
Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2023
Equip is a virtual program helping families recover from eating disorders at home with comprehensive, gold-standard care created by experts in the field and people in recovery. Equip’s five-person care teams include dietitians, physicians, therapists, and mentors who deliver wrap-around support to provide families healing and lasting recovery.
We created Equip to increase access to evidence-based treatment for all people affected by eating disorders. In line with this mission, we are committed to partnering closely with insurance companies and ensuring our team, patients, treatment, and brand reflect the diversity of those affected by eating disorders.
We are looking for a Patient Service Representative to join the Admissions team. The primary responsibility of the patient service representative is to manage inbound patient inquiries via phone call, email, or other forms of communication. The patient services representative will also provide program information, discuss insurance and finances, and hand off interested families to the Specialist. In addition, the patient services representative will document calls in a CRM. The right person will have strong organizational skills, multitasking abilities, and sales skills. The ideal candidate is also comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment, solving problems independently, and comfortable with ambiguity as data systems and processes are still being shaped.
- Answering inquiry calls, emails, web forms, etc., and providing live information to patients, families, and referrents.
- Respond to inquiries quickly and efficiently while routing inquiries to appropriate departments.
- Collect patient information and input data points into various platforms and systems.
- Schedule patient screening appointments, conduct reminder calls, and provide support to patients/families who request live contact.
- Resolve patient requests in one call/contact or successfully manage prolonged or complex issues, with high attention to managing the customer experience and emotion.
- 2+ years of experience as a call center representative, customer service representative, and/or patient scheduling
- Experience with fast-paced, high volume inbound call management
- Strong skills in communication and collaboration with diverse teams
- Organized and results-driven
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, subject to rapid change and innovation
Bonus if you have the following
- Experience in healthcare and/or front desk management or health unit coordination
- Experience working in a remote environment
- Previous experience working in a health-tech startup
- Passion for mental health and eating disorder treatment and expanding access to treatment
Competitive salaries and bonuses, remote work, generous paid time-off, paid holidays, health benefits, career development opportunities, and exciting team retreats are among the myriad benefits you'll experience while working at Equip.
Equip is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
See more open positions at Equip Health
Something looks off?