Social Media Intern
Empathy is on a mission to help families with everything they face after the loss of a loved one. Powered by tech and driven by purpose, we provide peace of mind by guiding families through all the tedious and time-consuming tasks that follow a loss. We partner with employers and life insurance companies, offering their employees and/or clients meaningful support when they need it most. We work steadfastly to update and innovate our offerings to make sure families are always receiving the highest level of support. It’s unique and rewarding work that offers many interesting challenges along the way.
Our flagship product is a digital loss companion that accompanies families through every aspect of a loved one’s death, from funeral planning and estate settling to dealing with grief, mortality, and family. Partnering with families to bring empathy and transparency to every aspect of this difficult time in their lives, we’re on a mission to change the way the world copes with loss.
About the team
We are looking for a team player with an interest in mission driven work to report to our Social Media Manager. The Social Media Intern will support the development and implementation of Empathy’s social media marketing strategy. Social Media plays into our team’s larger strategy by developing brand identity and generating leads. Being at the forefront of our industry, we develop thought leadership in various spaces, including Employee Benefits and Life Insurance.
In this role you will
- Work with the Social Media Manager and receive mentorship from senior leaders.
- Develop social content and execute strategic initiatives.
- Schedule and maintain our social media calendar.
- Interact with our community across all platforms (LinkedIn, X, Facebook, Instagram) by responding to comments and DMs.
- Compile weekly social media engagement reports to identify high-performing content.
- Analyze social data to make informed decisions.
- Student in their Senior year of college pursuing a Bachelor’s degree.
- Strong writing skills.
- Professional demeanor and attention to detail.
- Interest in Social Media Marketing.
- Available between 10-20 hours per week in the office in Chelsea, NYC - ideally available on Monday, Tuesday, and/or Thursday.
- Previous experience working in B2B marketing.
- Previous experience in communications, social media, non profit/advocacy or marketing.
- Familiarity with relevant social media and design tools - Meta Business Suite, Sprout Social, Figma.
The base compensation for this position is $15 dollars an hour.