People Operations Manager (Hybrid)
Elevate K-12 is on a mission to ensure every student receives a high-quality education, regardless of zip code. We are changing the way classrooms work by creating a brand new category of LIVE, virtual classroom instruction that gives students access to exceptional, certified, live teachers through our two-sided network. Our teachers are securely streamed in from across the country into thousands of classrooms, providing instruction that would otherwise be unavailable in many districts across the U.S. Our goal is to enable high-quality, live teaching for every learner in the U.S., from kindergarten through their first jobs, so they can identify and pursue their unique passions in life. We are the new way to the classroom!
Elevate K-12 is a series-C funded (led by General Catalyst), high-growth, EdTech company enjoying strong business momentum. We are growing rapidly within a $72B+ TAM and have a first-mover/first-scaler advantage. We are working to become an iconic EdTech brand in live teaching, uplifting the lives of millions of students and creating unique job opportunities for teachers in this new, innovative category of education.
The Manager, People Operations will oversee and manage our organization's People Operations function: payroll, benefits, HRIS and data, compliance, and program governance. As the Manager, People Operations you will also contribute to the organization’s talent goals and business partnership in aspects of operational efficiency, process design, organizational development, program governance, and employee engagement. This position reports to the Director, People & Culture.
With your deep expertise and proven success using exceptional analytical thinking, iterative problem-solving, and communication skills you have what it takes to build and update people operational practices, manage end-to-end operational workflows, and evolve People Programs. Whether balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders or making sound decisions using data, analysis, proven experience, and an entrepreneurial mindset, you will serve as a trusted advisor in our rapidly growing environment. In the process, you will have the opportunity to build the foundation and develop the current and future state of the People Operations function
What you will do:
- Lead and drive implementation of people operations programs by instituting state-of-the art approaches driven by data and systems.
- Institute reporting on critical metrics for people analytics and share the findings with HR Leadership, Finance, and the C-Suite.
- Implement measures to ensure we get actionable data to drive people improvements within the organization.
- Ensure we have consistent and efficient documentation processes in place.
- Across the organization, utilize expertise in systems and operations to optimize for people-centered activities such as Performance Management, Employee Surveys, Payroll Benefits/Total Rewards to aid the HR Leadership team and educate stakeholders.
- Manage internal client expectations by communicating project status and issues; resolving concerns; analyzing time and cost issues; preparing reports.
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Led Elevate K-12’s governance, benefits, and payroll administration and strategy while ensuring organizational compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Own data accuracy, data integrity, and security across internal and external HR platforms.
- Improve department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Promote and support a performance-driven culture.
- Own all things HRIS with a focus on driving efficiency using technology for things like onboarding workflows, people analytics, onboarding workflows, people analytics and more.
- Preferred: You've done this before—you have experience in a high-growth startup environment with constant change as your companion.
- 5+ years of experience working in People Operations with deep knowledge in people analytics, compensation/payroll, and HRIS management.
- You are experienced in owning and maintaining Employee Data end to end through multiple HR systems and routinely applied data security, accuracy, and reporting best practices.
- You come to the table with extensive knowledge in payroll, benefits, and compliance.
- Strong values with a clear inner core of purpose-driven leadership.
- Knowledge of HRIS, understanding of how they integrate with programs and projects.
- Demonstrated ability to research, analyze, report on and solve problems
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite, Teams and specifically Excel.
- A clear understanding of Human Resources operations practices and legal requirements.
- Clear, strong verbal communication and advising skills. Good listening skills.
- Well-developed writing and presentation skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly across all levels of the organization.
- Discretion, sensitivity, and confidentiality. Demonstrated ability to listen, analyze, and inform appropriately while maintaining the required sensibilities in handling confidential information.
- This position will be hybrid. The role is expected to work from our Chicago Headquarter 2+ days a week.
What we offer:
- An amazing team of “Elevaters” with a strong, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Competitive compensation
- Unlimited PTO (Paid Time Off) & 12 company paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Learning Programs
- Benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and more
- Phone stipend
- Chicago office gym & roof top space
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity, gender expression, change of sex, and transgender status), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request.