Data Analyst L4
We have access to several data sources across our company’s various departments. Imagine the questions you could answer and the impact you could drive if you had access to operational, sales, marketing, finance, and resource data for the entire company. If this possibility excites you, then keep reading because at Elevate K-12 we not only spend our days wading through massive quantities of data, our analysts use it to derive KPIs and metrics for each department.
We are looking for a Data Analyst with a high ownership mindset that can analyze and identify deeper patterns in data and weave a story from the data at hand. The role is centred around understanding and delivering analytical data products using Elevate K-12’s data.
You will be expected to perform the following role:
- Business problem solving:
- You will understand the interplay between various data sources and customer needs. You will be expected to build customer context in depth and use it to deliver analytical solutions. You will be expected to put the business lens and present a point of view within a team of engagement managers, analysts, and data services team that ensures the final solution generates tangible impact to the customer.
- You will be expected to drive and present insightful approaches to better metrics and output analyses. You will be expected to build hypothesis, understand the data needed to conduct the analysis, perform the analysis, synthesize, and present the results.
- You will be expected to partner with Data Engineers to align on requirements and develop both recurring and ad hoc reports to meet client needs.
- You will create customer facing solutions in the form of BI dashboards and excel templates.
- Technical expertise:
- You will be expected to be hands-on with Excel, SQL and a programming language like Python / R so that you can process the data and build the analytical solution yourself.
- You will be expected to develop and deploy complex dashboards in Power BI (or other BI tools) to meet customers customized needs.
- You will jointly own the success of Data Products with the Data Engineer by playing the point person for the quality and timely delivery of the analytical solution.
- You will need to showcase high ownership and leadership skills to independently work with people from different departments, manage work dependencies from different contributors to successfully deliver the project.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications Required
- Extensive experience with data manipulation using Excel and SQL, and moderate expertise in data visualization through Power BI
- 4-6 years of prior experience both performing and structuring advanced analyses independently
- Desire to get into the most granular details of technical/ implementation/ operational issues and being an individual contributor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Analytics, Data sciences, or any quantitative discipline.
- Understanding of hypothesis testing and ability to use data and statistical tests to make a case through correlation.
- Experience in developing and maintaining measurement metrics and standardized outcome metrics based on business requirements.