Director Engineering, QA and Automation
Who we are:
Elevate K-12 is a Series C funded, rapid growth stage start-up focused on solving the crisis-level teacher shortage in US K-12 schools changing the way classrooms work live, virtual instruction that gives students access to high quality, certified teachers who help them prepare for the world of the future! For our teacher community, we open new work opportunities proprietary platform and curriculum, enabling them to deliver live remote instruction across multiple subjects in elementary, middle, and high schools across the US. Our goal is to enable high quality live teaching for every learner in the U.S., from kindergarten through their first jobs, so they can receive the education they need to identify and pursue their unique passions in life. We are the new way to the classroom!
We live the mission of Elevate K-12, and we’re getting better each day, if all of this sounds exciting to you – We want to hear from you!
On the heels of a Series C funding led by General Catalyst, Elevate K-12 is enjoying strong business momentum, growing revenues at a 100% y-y, with plans to double again next year. To continue this momentum, we are investing in building out a strong product and technology function to power the next generation of solutions for students, teachers, and school/districts. The Elevate Software Engineering team, delivering cutting edge educational software at enterprise class scale and with consumer-grade experiences to deliver on our company mission.
In pursuit of this goal, we are looking for a Director Engineering, QA and Automation to join our technical team as we move from being a tech-enabled service to a tech product company. We are looking for passionate and enthusiastic people who love solving complex business problems and providing excellent technical solutions. If you are passionate about joining a mission-driven, education technology company and creating the future of EdTech, then this role is for you!
Problems you’ll get to solve include:
- Develop and maintain test automation frameworks that enable the testing team to create and execute automated tests efficiently and effectively.
- Define and track testing metrics to ensure that the testing process is meeting the necessary quality standards. This may involve monitoring defect rates, testing coverage, and other performance indicators.
- Provide technical leadership to the testing team, ensuring that the team is up to date with the latest testing technologies and techniques, and identifying opportunities to improve the testing process.
- Evaluate and recommend automation tools and technologies and continuously assess their effectiveness.
- Monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system functions to meet quality standards.
- Expertise Tests and quality in agile methodology
- Lead the design, development, and implementation of comprehensive test automation strategies for software products.
- Write, execute, and maintain automated test cases.
- Debug and resolve complex automation issues in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with other teams, such as development, product management, and user experience, to ensure that the testing process is integrated with the overall product development process.
- Stay current with emerging automation tools, techniques, and technologies.
- Lead the development of testing frameworks and infrastructure to support automation.
- Develop and implement automation standards and processes.
- Understand how all components and interfaces of the product work together and develop
QE approaches to fit the overall product architecture.
- To develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open-source tools
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet requirements.
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Mentor and guide junior automation engineers to help them deliver high-quality solutions.
- Self-motivated, goal oriented, quality driven and capable of working both independently and in a team
What you will need:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, Information Technology, or related field.
- 8 plus years of experience in automation testing.
- Experience with enterprise commercial automation tool (Codeless tool) like TOSCA , TestComplete TestProject, Katalon , UFT , Ranorex etc.
- Automation experience in automating CRM/ERP application like Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Expertise on Selenium WebDriver with Java Mandatory
- Experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases, test script
- Practical experience in all types of testing including exploratory, functional and non-functional testing such as performance, reliability, and security
- Industry experience in best practices for designing robust automation frameworks using Selenium WebDriver with Java
- Experience utilizing and testing web services, especially REST services
- Familiar with build and continuous integration tools like Jenkins, Azure DevOps
- Provide leadership to other QA Automation engineers in QA team,
- Work directly and report Automation status to QA Manager
- Authoring, reviewing and executing the automation scripts
- Manage and execute deliverables as per Automation Test Plan
- Contributing to API testing and automation
- Analysing automation test results and raising defects
- Experience in API Automation Mandatory
- Expertise in Azure Devops CI Pipeline (Optional)
- Experience with any performance testing tool like Jmeter (Optional)
- Excellent understanding of software development lifecycle (SDLC) and testing methodologies.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to lead projects and guide junior team members.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and deliver high-quality work.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.