Special Education Success Manager (Remote/Hybrid)
Elevate K-12 is on a mission to ensure every student receives a high-quality education, regardless of zip code. We are changing the way classrooms work by creating a brand new category of live, virtual classroom instruction to give students access to exceptional teachers through our two-sided network. Our certified teachers from across the country are securely streamed into tens of thousands of classrooms, providing instruction that would otherwise be unavailable in many districts across the U.S. Our goal is to enable high-quality, live teaching for every learner in the U.S., from kindergarten through their first jobs, so they can identify and pursue their unique passions in life. We are the new way to the classroom!
Elevate K-12 is a series-C funded (led by General Catalyst), high-growth, EdTech company enjoying strong business momentum. We are growing at 150%+ CAGR in a $50B TAM with plans to double again next year. We have the first-mover, and now the first-scaler, advantage and we are working to become an iconic EdTech brand in live teaching, uplifting the lives of millions of students and creating unique job opportunities for teachers in this new, innovative category of education.
We are looking for an engaging, passionate individual to join our Success Team. You will have the opportunity to join a growing team that directly impacts our mission to deliver meaningful live classroom instruction to every student, regardless of zip code or disability.
The Special Education Success Manager ensures Elevate’s LIVE Resource Rooms are set up for success from day 1 through planning, implementation, day-to-day support, management, and program oversight. A key objective of the Special Education Success Manager is to support our team of Inclusive Learning Coordinators (contractors) and to ensure the special education students enrolled in our Special Education Programs receive Accommodations and Modifications outlined in the child’s IEP (Individualized Education Plan) as well as high quality, differentiated instruction from our live teachers.
The Special Education Success Manager is a vital member of the Customer Success team and will report to the Sr. Director of Teacher Success.
What you will do:
The Special Education Success Manager will be the owner of several key activities across various stages of a Special Education Product program life cycle. The Special Education Success Manager will manage Elevate’s team of Inclusive Learning Coordinator (ILC) contractors, support successful special ed program implementations, and provide ongoing support for Inclusive Learning programs after the program launch. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee and support a team of Inclusive Learning Coordinators (ILC) contractors and lead ILCs, including, but not limited to, frequent check-ins, general program oversight, auditing program data, and creating professional learning opportunities to engage ILC in best practices to support their programs.
- Attend various client-facing implementation and program-related meetings alongside our customer success team members.
- Advise and organize Special Ed-specific Learning Sequences including user experience goals and user environment of program for distribution to ILCs, in collaboration with our Special Education Product Manager.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to accurately set timeline expectations of session scheduling, rostering, and consultation with client.
- Collect detailed and high-quality data related to program evaluation at the school, district, state, and national level.
- Monitor the completion of all evaluation and collaboration forms ongoingly.
- Supervise collaborative meetings with each site/Special Education Supervisor and ILC to monitor student progress, program updates, accommodation, and modification compliance, as needed.
- Compile, analyze, and share pre- mid- and end-of program data with all necessary stakeholders internally and externally.
- Collaborate with Elevate’s Special Education Product Manager and our tech product team to design, maintain, and improve program-related features, templates, processes, and workflows.
- Required - Master’s degree in special education or educational leadership
- Required - 3+ years K-12 teaching experience in Special Education. Serving as a department, building, district leader or case manager in special education is preferred.
- Required - Current or former special education teaching certification/endorsement in any state
- Deep Special Education subject matter expertise and knowledge of special education law
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally and take ownership of decision-making for the success of the Resource Room programs
- Effective time management is crucial to ensure that all program requirements are being met
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and numerous tasks, deadlines, and documentation.
- Strong organizational skills are necessary to keep everything on track
- Understand K-12 Ed Tech landscape and customer needs
- Outstanding working knowledge of change management principles and performance evaluation processes
- Skilled at building relationships and establishing trust with clients and key internal stakeholders
- Ability to travel up to 1x per month to various schools throughout the country
- Location: Chicago (preferred), Open to Remote
What we offer:
- An amazing team of “Elevaters” with a strong, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Competitive compensation
- Unlimited PTO (Paid Time Off) & 12 company-paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Learning Programs
- Benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and more
- Phone & Internet stipend
- One time office and equipment stipend
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity, gender expression, change of sex, and transgender status), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request.