Senior Product Designer (Remote)
Who we are:
Elevate K-12 is on a mission to ensure every student receives a high-quality education, regardless of zip code. We are changing the way classrooms work by creating a brand-new category of live, virtual classroom instruction to give students access to exceptional teachers through our two-sided network. Our certified teachers from across the country are securely streamed into tens of thousands of classrooms, providing instruction that would otherwise be unavailable in many districts across the U.S. Our goal is to enable high-quality, live teaching for every learner in the U.S., from kindergarten through their first jobs, so they can identify and pursue their unique passions in life. We are the new way to the classroom!
Elevate K-12 is a series-C funded (led by General Catalyst), high-growth, EdTech company enjoying strong business momentum. We are growing at 150%+ CAGR in a $50B TAM with plans to double again next year. We have the first-mover, and now the first-scaler, advantage and we are working to become an iconic EdTech brand in live teaching, uplifting the lives of millions of students and creating unique job opportunities for teachers in this new, innovative category of education.
The Product Design team ensures that each touchpoint of the customer journey is carefully crafted to provide a useful, usable, and delightful experience. This includes ensuring cohesion across marketing, sales and engineering, while keeping a keen focus on our customers: the teachers, schools and students whose educational experience is at the heart of our business.
As a Senior Product Designer, you are a designer, builder, thinker, and evangelist with comprehensive industry knowledge and design sensibility. You will help build and shape the future of our products by contributing to design across all its primary functions including UER, mockups, design principles and frameworks.
The Product Design function at Elevate K-12 is multi-disciplinary – we work with product managers, engineers, researchers, content designers, marketing and more. You will collaborate with members of other disciplines to design delightful end-to-end user experiences at every touch point. You will be a core part of building our products and constantly advocate for the customers and their experiences in cross-functional settings.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will lead and contribute to the design of multiple products in our portfolio. This is a unique opportunity for someone who is passionate about building great products, educating K-12 students, and driving business outcomes. You will help product teams create and optimize an experience that is focused on teaching and learning.
- Drive end-to-end product design in support of Elevate K-12's vision
- Deliver high-impact projects and products. Deliver superior product designs while inspiring, teaching, and supporting your XFN team
- Guide UI component development with design tools like Adobe XD and Figma for seamless collaboration between design and development teams
- Collaborate with engineers to implement assets and ensure robust documentation is accessible to Elevate K-12 employees and customers (teachers, school districts and students)
- Establish and maintain best practices for design systems and component libraries, ensuring cohesive and efficient UI design across platforms
- Facilitate product design presentations for a broad audience, anticipate and address feedback, develop opinions, and gain alignment on product design efforts
- Engage with team leaders in the design and product org, updated our design framework and processes to meet emerging customer and internal needs
- You have a bachelor's degree in design, or equivalent degree or work experience
- You have 3-5+ years of experience working as a product designer, or a similar role
- You have proven experience fostering strong relationships with cross-functional agile teams
- You can design and run experiments; take findings, iterate, and improve on designs through evaluative and generative research
- You have excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and negotiation skills for a broad range of audiences including leadership
- You bring a growth mindset – you are a seeker of knowledge and growth in areas such as the ed tech market as well as design principles more broadly
What we offer:
- An amazing team of “Elevaters” with a strong, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Competitive compensation
- Unlimited PTO (Paid Time Off) & 12 company paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and more
- Phone & Internet stipend
- One time office and equipment stipend
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity, gender expression, change of sex, and transgender status), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you need assistance or accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request.