Director of Workforce Capacity Planning (Remote)
Who we are:
Elevate K-12 is on a mission to ensure every student receives a high-quality education, regardless of zip code. We are changing the way classrooms work by creating a brand-new category of live, virtual classroom instruction to give students access to exceptional teachers through our two-sided network. Our certified teachers from across the country are securely streamed into tens of thousands of classrooms, providing instruction that would otherwise be unavailable in many districts across the U.S. Our goal is to enable high-quality, live teaching for every learner in the U.S., from kindergarten through their first jobs, so they can identify and pursue their unique passions in life. We are the new way to the classroom!
Elevate K-12 is a series-C funded (led by General Catalyst), high-growth, EdTech company enjoying strong business momentum. We are growing at 150%+ CAGR in a $50B TAM with plans to double again next year. We have the first-mover, and now the first-scaler, advantage and we are working to become an iconic EdTech brand in live teaching, uplifting the lives of millions of students and creating unique job opportunities for teachers in this new, innovative category of education.
The mission of the Teacher Growth team is to ensure every Elevate classroom has a certified teacher on day one of instruction. As a key leadership team member, the Director of Capacity Planning will ensure that we have the right teacher staffing volume and mix so that every classroom has qualified teacher on day one. S/he will create, refine, and deliver teacher demand forecasts and hiring targets based on insights and quantitative data from Sales (demand), Workforce Management (Supply) and Teacher Acquisition (pipeline) teams. Along with day-to-day operations, the Director will be heavily involved in long-range planning objectives.
- Quickly build a thorough understanding of teacher demand and supply, volume, and seasonality
- Establish and maintain a strong and collaborative relationship with Sales, Workforce Management, Recruiting, Finance, Operations, and Senior Leadership to gather information on sales trends and events that could affect demand, such as new service offerings
- Manage the end-to-end demand planning processes for our supply of teachers - develop headcount demand forecast utilizing new district enrollments, historical teacher attrition, and new hire ramp time
- Perform weekly / monthly statistical analysis of sales pipeline, status of high confidence deals, current teacher demand, and available teacher pool, including substitution / reallocation needs
- Create staff modeling to predict future hiring costs and hiring plans
- Enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into an automated and actionable format
- Design, develop and maintain scaled, automated, user-friendly systems, reports, dashboards, etc. that will support our business needs
- Create new metrics and methodologies for measuring the success of the planning effort
- Identify top opportunities to improve demand planning, propose solutions, align stakeholders, and own implementation end-to-end (including process improvements).
- Trusted resource within the Teacher Growth team, advise and guide team members to improve performance and processes and increase cross-functional team collaboration on a continual basis
- 8+ years of professional experience in demand planning, staffing and forecasting
- Strong grasp of quantitative data analysis – good at creating and analyzing business information, creating dashboards, tracking key business metrics
- Experience developing multi-skill staffing demand and capacity models
- Self-driven, and able to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete data
- Demonstrated advanced ability to draw insights from data and clearly communicate them to the stakeholders and senior management
- In-depth knowledge of Power BI, SQL, Relational Databases, Salesforce, Microsoft Office suite, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to oversee multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize appropriately with focus on meeting all deliverables and deadlines
- Strong communicator who can partner with company leadership and cross functional personnel to assess needs, provide support and insight through data analysis
- Expertise in a variety of continuous improvement methods, an analytical mindset, and experience working cross-functionally to solve problems with product and process changes
- Proficiency creating Independent Contractors capacity models (preferred)
- Lean Six Sigma Greenbelt or above (preferred)
- Experienced in a marketplace business, familiar with the relationship between supply and demand (preferred)
- 2+ years as a people manager (preferred)
What we offer:
- An Amazing Team of Elevators with a strong, inclusive, & diverse work culture
- Competitive compensation
- Unlimited PTO & 12 Company Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and more
- Position can be based in our Chicago HQ, or remotely in the US
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity, gender expression, change of sex, and transgender status), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you need assistance or accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request.