Senior Designer, Marketing (Remote)
Who we are:
Elevate K-12 is on a mission to ensure every student receives a high-quality education, regardless of zip code. We are changing the way classrooms work by creating a brand-new category of live, virtual classroom instruction to give students access to exceptional teachers through our two-sided network. Our certified teachers from across the country are securely streamed into tens of thousands of classrooms, providing instruction that would otherwise be unavailable in many districts across the U.S. Our goal is to enable high-quality, live teaching for every learner in the U.S., from kindergarten through their first jobs, so they can identify and pursue their unique passions in life. We are the new way to the classroom!
Elevate K-12 is a series-C funded (led by General Catalyst), high-growth, EdTech company enjoying strong business momentum. We are growing at 150%+ CAGR in a $50B TAM with plans to double again next year. We have the first-mover, and now the first-scaler, advantage and we are working to become an iconic EdTech brand in live teaching, uplifting the lives of millions of students and creating unique job opportunities for teachers in this new, innovative category of education.
We are seeking a talented and creative Lead Designer to join our Marketing team and lead creative across Elevate. You'll make an impact by building our Design function and creating high-quality marketing and design materials that reflect Elevate's style and meet the creative needs of the company. You’ll work on a wide variety of materials including brochures, website landing pages, sales presentations, social media graphics, printed classroom materials, video and templates. Your style, like Elevate’s, is heavy on imagery, light on text, bold, bright and colorful. Additionally, you’ll lead our branding and style guide efforts, to create these for the first time. You’ll leverage freelancers who use these guides to augment our week in an impactful and cohesive way.
You will be responsible for leading the design needs for all creative assets across Sales, Marketing, Customer Success and Teacher Growth. You’re a multi-talented senior designer who can work creatively across a diverse range of creative projects as well as manage the strategy and guide others to the same.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Marketing, Customer Success, Teacher Growth, and Sales, to understand their design needs and requirements.
- Lead the strategy of our brand and creative style and documents and embed that across the company.
- Ensure that all design materials meet design best practices and remain true to Elevate's style and voice.
- Develop and maintain a library of design templates, assets, and resources for use across the company.
- Create materials for print and digital marketing campaigns, including brochures, website landing pages, sales presentations, brand identity, social media graphics, printed classroom materials, video and templates.
- Design with and, where possible, create video and photography assets to support marketing initiatives including website and content needs.
- Work collaboratively with other Marketing team members to create cohesive campaigns.
- Stay up to date with design trends, tools, and software.
- A bachelor's degree in graphic design or a related field.
- A minimum of 7 years of professional experience in graphic design or a related field.
- Lead designer experience where you move into strategy, beyond execution
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign) and other relevant software (e.g. Figma).
- Experience in creating designs for social media, websites, online advertising, and print materials.
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational skills, and ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Experience with web design, UI/UX and creating video and photography assets is a plus.
What we offer:
- An amazing team of “Elevaters” with a strong, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Competitive compensation
- Unlimited PTO (Paid Time Off) & 12 company paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and more
- Phone & Internet stipend
- One time office and equipment stipend
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity, gender expression, change of sex, and transgender status), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you need assistance or accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request.