Elementary Science Advisor
Elevate K-12 is changing the way classrooms work through live, online, real-time instruction to K-12 schools. Our two main focuses are to give students the best quality instructors and get them ready for the world of the future and to give instructors, especially women, work opportunities, irrespective of zip codes. We are the new way to classroom!
An experienced, dynamic, tech-savvy ELA educator with curriculum writing experience across grade levels 3-6.
Someone with deep knowledge of research-based curriculum approaches, content standards across states, and effective assessment strategies. This educator will have the ability to work collaboratively with content writers to create or vet quality, inclusive programs for online live instruction.
We cater to K-12 schools and would prefer an individual that has had elementary teaching experience and served as a building or district leader in science curriculum writing.
- • Develop detailed Learning Plans based on state standards and customer specifications
• Conduct necessary research regarding: state standards, curricular approaches, teaching methods, etc.
• Design engaging and innovative Lesson Structures for content writers to ensure standardization of instructional delivery
• Coordinate with content writers to ensure that they are creating engaging, effective lessons based on the Learning Plans and Structures
• Facilitate the preparation of materials, such as homework, activities, study guides, worksheets, etc. that align with the Learning Plan
• Work collaboratively with content writers to edit and improve lessons
• Use assessment data to continually evolve Learning Plans, Structures, and lessons
• Coach and mentor new content writers
• Stay current within the fields of online education
• Build and maintain our library of standards-based curricular material
• 1099 Independent Contract role
What you will need:
- A US state certification in ELA
- Master’s Degree in Education (preferred)
- K-12 teaching experience (online or in-person)
- At least 3 years of experience writing technology curriculum that has been used in the online, public, or private school environment
- Leadership: ability to manage content writers and build their capacity
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Tech proficiency: PowerPoint, Word, Google Suite
- Experience with popular ed tech applications (preferred)
- Availability of 4 hours per day (will choose schedule between 8-3 CST) during the work week (work hours are flexible, but the ability to be online during this time is important)
- Availability of 20-25 hours per week
- 1099 Independent Short Term Contract role
Be Part Of Our Story:
Elevate K-12 is tasked with an important mission: change the way K-12 classrooms and teaching work. Our organization is a radically open-minded company that is scaling fast. We are a team focused on high performance, dynamism and embodying a collaborative culture at all levels. Our teammates are able to have open, honest discussions that drive us toward our mission. Elevate K-12 is in a stage of hyper growth that will continue to open up new challenges and opportunities for our team.
Something looks off?