Senior Data Engineer
We’re looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our team with a culture rooted in kindness, empathy, and product-mindedness. We’re looking for someone to help us design and build a highly reliable data and software platform that supports our products and clinical team in providing care and a world class experience for our members, helping transform addiction medicine across the country.
You’ll be asked to move our data platform and infrastructure forward, including building the scalable platform for Eleanor’s future analytics, data, and AI capabilities, while being a strong advocate for security and data integrity. You’ll also have the opportunity to be part of a passionate, mission-driven, team of engineers, help create data engineering best practices and new technology, and work closely with teammates across the company to ensure you’re working on things that will have a high impact.
This is a senior engineering role where you will need to be a mentor and subject matter expert to other engineers in the area of data engineering. It will report to Eleanor Health’s Head of Platform and Data Engineering.
We use a variety of technologies at Eleanor Health including Google Cloud Platform, GKE, Cloud SQL, Compute Engine, Datadog, and Terraform. Our data platform uses BigQuery, Argo, Python, dbt, and more. Our engineering team builds software primarily using Go and TypeScript. Experience with all of those technologies is not required.
- Build, maintain, and operate our cloud native data platform, data processing pipelines, and infrastructure, keeping performance, scalability, reliability, security, and cost in mind.
- Collaborate with software and analytics engineers to provide guidance on overall system design and architecture. Measure the risk of introduced features to plan ahead and maintain the healthy status of the infrastructure.
- Promote best practices and mentor other engineers on designing, building, and operating a highly reliable data platform and systems.
- Help drive optimization, testing, and tooling to improve data quality and our ability to use data to make decisions.
- Work on multi-functional agile teams to continuously experiment, iterate, and deliver on new product, platform, and business goals.
- Manage SaaS tools that integrate with core and data infrastructure.
- Support operational excellence through process automation, documentation, and observability.
- Use data to make decisions and be willing to experiment to get the information you need.
- Maintain a HIPAA-compliant production environment.
- Collaborate with engineering, product, analytics, data scientists, and other cross-functional teammates to plan and execute work that helps us achieve our goals.
- Practice continuous improvement in development best practices, quality, and process
- Other responsibilities as required
You’ll be a good fit if you:
- Bring multiple years experience designing, maintaining, and operating reliable and modern data platforms and pipelines, in a regulated industry, using cloud platforms like AWS or GCP and SaaS technologies.
- Have strong knowledge of the following technologies: Python, SQL, data processing frameworks like Spark, orchestration tools like Airflow, schema design, and data modeling.
- Enjoy bringing structure to ambiguity and have a systematic approach to problem solving.
- Have well-considered opinions about how reliable data platforms and infrastructure should work, and hold yourself to a high standard.
- Are a self-starter who is highly motivated individually and can work effectively on a team.
- Enjoy and have previous experience mentoring engineers.
- Are keen on staying up to date on current technology trends and continuously improving team and company performance by incorporating modern engineering and best practices.
- Value and display a high level of empathy and humility as well as personal accountability and ownership for meeting commitments.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Are excited to work with a fully remote team.
- Are currently authorized to work for any US employer without visa sponsorship.
Nice to have:
- Previous healthcare experience and familiarity with healthcare technology (EHR, RCM, HIE) and compliance (HIPAA, SOC2, HITRUST)
- Implementation of data governance and security practices at all levels of software infrastructure
- Hands on experience architecting data platforms and technology from the ground up
- Experience with Kubernetes or Argo Workflows
Compensation & Benefits:
The actual compensation offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include, as applicable, the applicant’s qualifications for the position; years of relevant experience; specific and unique skills; level of education attained; certifications or other professional licenses held; other legitimate, non-discriminatory business factors specific to the position; and the geographic location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will perform the job.
Eleanor Health offers a generous benefits package to full-time employees, which includes:
- Flexible PTO policy and a remote work environment- unplug, relax, and recharge!
- 9 observed company holidays + 3 floating holidays- We encourage you to use the additional 3 floating holidays to accommodate personal beliefs/practices
- Wellness Days - In lieu of “Sick Time” which typically applies only when you are ill, we encourage you to proactively manage your overall wellbeing, both physical and mental, as well as the wellbeing of those who play important roles in your life.
- Fully covered medical and dental insurance plan, with affordable vision coverage.- We are a health first company, and we strive to make our plans affordable and accessible
- 401(k) plan with 3% contribution. We are excited to be able to support the long-term financial well-being of our team in a way that reinforces Eleanor’s commitment to equity.
- Short-term disability- We understand that things happen, we want you to feel comfortable to take the time to get better.
- Family Medical Leave- Eleanor Health’s Paid Family & Medical Leave (“PFML”) is designed to provide flexibility and financial peace of mind for approved family and medical reasons such as the birth, adoption, or fostering of a child, and for serious health conditions that they or a family member/significant other might be facing.
- Wellness Perks & Benefits- Mental Health is important to us and we want our employees to have the accessibility they deserve to talk things through, zen with a mindfulness app, or seek assistance from health advocates.
- Mindfulness App Reimbursement
- 1 year subscription to TalkSpace
- Paid Membership to Health Advocate, One Medical, and Teladoc
- Company paid Life & Accidental Death & Disability- To help provide support and peace of mind to you and your beneficiaries in the event of a catastrophic life event, Eleanor provides company paid Life and AD&D coverage as well as the ability to purchase additional supplemental coverage up to $1M.
About Eleanor Health
Eleanor Health is the first outpatient addiction and mental health provider delivering convenient and comprehensive care through a value-based payment structure. Committed to health and wellbeing without judgment, Eleanor Health is focused on delivering whole-person, comprehensive care to transform the quality, delivery, and accessibility of care for people affected by addiction.
To date, Eleanor Health operates multiple clinics and a fully virtual model statewide across Louisiana, Massachusetts, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Washington and Texas, delivering care through population and value-based partnerships with Medicare, Medicaid, and employers.
If you are passionate about providing high quality, evidence based care for individuals with substance use disorder through an innovative practice and about building a great business that makes a difference, Eleanor Health is an ideal opportunity for you. We seek highly skilled, motivated and compassionate individuals who take responsibility and adapt quickly to change to join our deeply committed and collaborative team.
Job Type: Full-time