Senior Engineering Manager
We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to join our team with a culture rooted in kindness, empathy, and product-mindedness. We’re looking for someone to help us build products that support our clinical team in providing care and a world class experience for our members, helping transform addiction medicine across the country.
You’ll own product engineering for Eleanor’s care coordination platform, including building the connective tissue that ties together the fragmented behavioral health landscape. You’ll also have the opportunity to manage a passionate, mission-driven, team of product engineers, help create roadmaps, and work closely with leaders across the company to ensure product engineers are working on the highest impact things.
This is a player-coach role where you will need to be hands-on technically and manage the product engineering team. It will report to Eleanor Health’s Head of Product.
- Manage, lead, and grow a team of fullstack software engineers working across Eleanor’s products and services
- Collaborate with product managers, clinicians, marketers, and other cross-functional partners to plan roadmaps and initiatives that will delight customers and help us achieve our goals
- Partner with technical team leads in shaping and guiding the technical direction for your team
- Drive continuous improvement in development best practices, quality, and process
- Participate in code reviews, help lead technical discussions, and sometimes contribute code
- Manage team resourcing needs, growth, recruiting plans, and goals
- Own your team’s software and infrastructure from design to production including 3rd-party integrations and relationships
- Engage with the technical & healthcare communities as a core member of Eleanor’s technical team
You’ll be a good fit if you:
- Have multiple years of hands on software engineering experience including previous experience managing and mentoring software engineers
- Are experienced with developing world-class engineers and teams into high-performing engineering teams that ship quality software
- Bring exceptional communication skills to collaborate with colleagues from across the business to translate business and product goals into impactful engineering goals and priorities
- Enjoy bringing structure to ambiguity and possess the decision-making skills and flexibility to address changing needs quickly and unblock teams
- Are keen on staying up to date on current technology trends and continuously improving team and company performance by incorporating modern engineering and tech best practices
- Are knowledgeable about about using agile methodologies, pair programming, Domain Driven Design, CI/CD, and writing tests to ship high quality software
- Have a strong sense of personal accountability and ownership for meeting commitments
- Expertise developing web apps or mobile apps (or both!). We use technologies such as React, Typescript, and Go, on Google Cloud Platform, but experience with those technologies is not required.
- Are currently authorized to work for any US employer without visa sponsorship
Nice to have:
- Previous healthcare experience and familiarity with healthcare technology (EHR, RCM, HIE) and compliance (HIPAA, SOC2, HITRUST)
- Hands on experience architecting technology platforms from the ground up and maintaining complex systems and integrations including distributed architectures
- Experience hiring software engineers, offshore firms and contractors, and growing teams
Compensation & Benefits:
The actual compensation offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include, as applicable, the applicant’s qualifications for the position; years of relevant experience; specific and unique skills; level of education attained; certifications or other professional licenses held; other legitimate, non-discriminatory business factors specific to the position; and the geographic location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will perform the job.
Eleanor Health offers a generous benefits package to full-time employees, which includes:
- Flexible PTO policy and a remote work environment- unplug, relax, and recharge!
- 9 observed company holidays + 3 floating holidays- We encourage you to use the additional 3 floating holidays to accommodate personal beliefs/practices
- Wellness Days - In lieu of “Sick Time” which typically applies only when you are ill, we encourage you to proactively manage your overall wellbeing, both physical and mental, as well as the wellbeing of those who play important roles in your life.
- Fully covered medical and dental insurance plan, with affordable vision coverage.- We are a health first company, and we strive to make our plans affordable and accessible
- 401(k) plan with 3% contribution. We are excited to be able to support the long-term financial well-being of our team in a way that reinforces Eleanor’s commitment to equity.
- Short-term disability- We understand that things happen, we want you to feel comfortable to take the time to get better.
- Family Medical Leave- Eleanor Health’s Paid Family & Medical Leave (“PFML”) is designed to provide flexibility and financial peace of mind for approved family and medical reasons such as the birth, adoption, or fostering of a child, and for serious health conditions that they or a family member/significant other might be facing.
- Wellness Perks & Benefits- Mental Health is important to us and we want our employees to have the accessibility they deserve to talk things through, zen with a mindfulness app, or seek assistance from health advocates.
- Mindfulness App Reimbursement
- 1 year subscription to TalkSpace
- Paid Membership to Health Advocate, One Medical, and Teladoc
- Company paid Life & Accidental Death & Disability- To help provide support and peace of mind to you and your beneficiaries in the event of a catastrophic life event, Eleanor provides company paid Life and AD&D coverage as well as the ability to purchase additional supplemental coverage up to $1M.
About Eleanor Health
Eleanor Health is the first outpatient addiction and mental health provider delivering convenient and comprehensive care through a value-based payment structure. Committed to health and wellbeing without judgment, Eleanor Health is focused on delivering whole-person, comprehensive care to transform the quality, delivery, and accessibility of care for people affected by addiction.
To date, Eleanor Health operates multiple clinics and a fully virtual model statewide across Louisiana, Massachusetts, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Washington and Texas, delivering care through population and value-based partnerships with Medicare, Medicaid, and employers.
If you are passionate about providing high quality, evidence based care for individuals with substance use disorder through an innovative practice and about building a great business that makes a difference, Eleanor Health is an ideal opportunity for you. We seek highly skilled, motivated and compassionate individuals who take responsibility and adapt quickly to change to join our deeply committed and collaborative team.
Job Type: Full-time