Cyber Security Operations Specialist
Drift®, the Conversation Cloud company, helps businesses connect with people at the right time, in the right place with the right conversation. Using the Drift Conversation Cloud, businesses can personalize experiences that lead to more quality pipeline, revenue and lifelong customers. Drift brings Conversational Marketing, Conversational Sales and Conversational Service into a single platform that integrates chat, email and video and powers personalized experiences with artificial intelligence (AI) at all stages of the customer journey. More than 5,000 customers use Drift to deliver a more enjoyable and more human buying experience that builds trust and accelerates revenue. Representing less than 1% of unicorns led by Latino founders, Drift is building an equitable, enduring company to transform the way businesses buy from businesses.
Drift’s Cyber Security Operations Specialist plays a critical role in maintaining the security and integrity of our products, platforms, and cloud-native infrastructure. You are responsible for monitoring, analyzing, and responding to security incidents, implementing security measures, and enhancing our overall cybersecurity posture. You design, develop, and implement processes, techniques, and technologies to improve our awareness, alerting, and ability to detect and respond to changes or activity in the platform. Security Operations is the linkage that connects our engineering and operations to the auditors (accountability), for our customers (transparency).
What you’ll be doing on the Security team at Drift:
- You will monitor and maintain technologies to analyze events, identify and tune security alerting, and investigate those signals to protect the platform and our customers..
- Conduct regular security assessments, oversee penetration testing, and vulnerability scanning to proactively identify risks.
- Develop and implement security controls in accordance with best practices.
- Investigate security alerts, perform root cause and retrospective analysis, documenting and coordinating corrective actions across Drift teams.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and implement security protocols and procedures.
- Maintain and update security documentation, including incident reports, policies, and procedures.
- Stay updated on emerging cyber threats, trends, and technologies to continuously improve security measures.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior team members on security operations and best practices.
- Maintaining workflow evidence for audit evidence and retrospective process improvements.
About you and what type of skills you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of cyber security operations experience at a software company, ideally experience with cloud-native environments.
- Experience with modern build/test/deploy patterns in common CI/CD workflow automation platforms.
- In-depth knowledge of security tools, including SIEM, IDS/IPS, endpoint protection, and threat intelligence platforms.
- Proficiency in conducting security assessments, penetration testing, and vulnerability scanning.
- Knowledge of Linux OS management, networking protocols, firewall rules, encryption - and how to manage these in AWS.
- Experience incident response required, forensics and threat modeling a plus.
- Relevant certifications such as CISSP, GIAC - similar or equivalent are highly desirable.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities effectively.
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
We know that applying for a new job can be intimidating. But guess what? At Drift, there is no such thing as an “ideal candidate.” We believe in the power of teamwork -- and in the desire to learn something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. Take it from our Founder.
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. We’re looking forward to learning more about you!
Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For US residents: The base salary range for this role’s listed level is currently $110K to $140K. Through a review of equity with other team members, market data, experience, knowledge, skills and the abilities of the applicant, the level and salary ranges may change. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted at a percentage of the base salary.
For California candidates, attached is the link to Drift's Candidate Privacy Notice.