Life Sciences - Sales Director
A bit about us
We’re Doccla, the virtual ward company. We provide patients and clinicians with the transformative power of remote patient monitoring.
Our existing customers are Hospitals, Community Services, and NHS Commissioners that we partner with to deliver tech enabled virtual wards. With our technology, logistics, and support patients can be discharged from a hospital ward to a virtual one and recover in the comfort of their own homes. Patients love our care pathways and health services become more efficient; it’s a win-win.
We are a young company with big aims and a lot of momentum. In the summer of 2022 we raised $18M in an oversubscribed A round led by General Catalyst, a top tier global VC fund and have gone from strength to strength since: we’ve won a series of large multiyear NHS contracts, extended 100% of our existing client contracts.
This is your chance to join us at a key stage of our growth. Our ambition is to be a category leader for virtual healthcare. You will be joining a highly entrepreneurial team that combines technical, clinical, operational, and commercial colleagues.
We're solving real problems for patients and health systems. we’re looking for dedicated people with a passion for healthcare.
In this position you will be tasked with co-creating and delivering Doccla’s Life Sciences Commercial Strategy, securing commercial partnerships with Life Science partners. The appointee will subsequently be accountable for developing those relationships to maximise the potential for Doccla within each strategic partnership.
- Work with the leadership team and the Global Head of Life Science Partnerships to develop an annual sales plan identifying key targets and the methods, tools, processes and tactics to be used to deliver upon growth objectives.
- Assume responsibility for delivering the annual sales plan.
- Ownership of the end-to-end sales process from prospecting, through close and ongoing relationship development.
- Develop and sustain and strong pipeline and ultimately grow the client base by identifying potential clients through research, intelligence-gathering, field-based activity and following up of leads and referrals
- Prepare quotations and lead tendering/proposal opportunities and develop highly effective tender/proposal submissions.
- Work with the leadership team to produce monthly forecasts and clearly communicate progress against targets and key actions, adopting a ‘no-surprises’ approach.
- Maintain a sales database of contacts, targets, opportunities and actions and track opportunities through appropriate means.
- Participate and attend industry events such as seminars, trade shows, networking events, etc.
- Collate competitor and market intelligence and provide analysis to enable key business decisions.
- Work with Marketing staff to develop a marketing plan covering all channels and relevant trade shows.
- Develop and maintain product and service knowledge relating to Doccla’s range of products and services
- Provide subject-matter expertise to others in the business
- You are a sales machine: you love to hunt new deals, and you work with high output and structure to progress from “warm conversations” to signed deals and live services
- You will be ambitious and want to grow a new and exciting part of a rapidly developing business
- You will possess an entrepreneurial flair, a positive mindset and can-do attitude towards getting things done.
- You will be tenacious and goal-oriented, always thinking of how we can speed deals up to deliver value for our partners (and for Doccla) as soon as possible
- You will possess an innate ability to quickly and easily build rapport with individuals at all levels of an organisation. You will build trust and understanding through your natural empathy and inquisitiveness.
- You will have a robust understanding of effective sales and marketing practices, both offline and online.
- A highly driven individual with the determination and strength of character required to drive growth, maintaining focus on objectives whilst overcoming short-term challenges.
- You will also be highly organised, target-oriented and possess a strong drive for results
- You will have experience in identifying and penetrating new prospect clients and will possess a proven sales track record within a solution sales environment. Healthcare experience would be a plus.
- A true self-starter who is resilient, can work independently and will take ownership of tasks.
- Ability to handle multiple opportunities, overcome objections and deliver sales wins within complex and sometimes frustrating environments.
- You will be an excellent listener and communicator and will speak English fluently. Other major European languages would be a plus.
- Show signs of excellence in whatever field you set your mind to.
- You will understand, adopt, endorse and promote a culture of customer focus, integrity, teamwork, excellence and perseverance
The role is based in the UK or the EU, with the UK or Germany a plus!
How we work
We empower everyone to take ownership and responsibility for the company and their role within it. We act ethically and think of helping patients and protecting their safety first.
Whatever your role is, to thrive at Doccla, a can-do and action oriented attitude is essential. As is being a clear and open communicator who is receptive to feedback.
Our team is remote first with offices in London and Stockholm. Most of the team lives in and around London and visits the office one to three times per week to enjoy in person meetings, free lunch with the team, and the general perks of a WeWork. The extent of remote vs office working will depend on your role, as some roles have the flexibility to be fully remote.
We have an employee equity pool that you can be part of so that as the company continues to grow you’ll have a share in its success.
Some of our employee benefits include
- 25 days of annual leave and up to 8 bank holidays per year 🌴
- Employee Share Options 📈
- Onsite Team Lunches 🌱
- Wellbeing budget, from a massage to healthy food deliveries 🧘
- Private healthcare with Bupa 🩺
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Pet friendly office 🐶
What do you get for all your hard work?
- A competitive compensation package (base + equity) with annual reviews.
- Work at one of the most patient focussed and client centric healthtech startups, backed by top VC firms, General Catalyst & Speedinvest.
- Growth. We want you to keep growing. That means trying new things, leading others, challenging the status quo and owning your impact. Always with our complete support.
Diversity at Doccla
We embrace diversity at Doccla. To build a product that is valued we need a team with all kinds of different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. That's why we're committed to hiring people from different backgrounds, race, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability.
We understand that applying for a new job takes a lot of work and we really value your time. We are really looking forward to reading your application!
Doccla is committed to the principles of safer recruitment, ensuring that safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults is central to our recruitment processes.
A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be required for all posts with access to children or vulnerable adults. Please note that it is an offence to apply, offer or accept to do any work with children (paid or unpaid) if disqualified from working with children.