A bit about us
We’re Doccla, the virtual ward company. We provide patients and clinicians with the transformative power of remote patient monitoring.
Our existing customers are Hospitals, Community Services, and NHS Commissioners that we partner with to deliver tech enabled virtual wards. With our technology, logistics, and support patients can be discharged from a hospital ward to a virtual one and recover in the comfort of their own homes. Patients love our care pathways and health services become more efficient; it’s a win-win.
We are a young company with big aims and a lot of momentum. In the summer of 2022 we raised $18M in an oversubscribed A round led by General Catalyst, a top tier global VC fund and have gone from strength to strength since: we’ve won a series of large multiyear NHS contracts, extended 100% of our existing client contracts.
This is your chance to join us at a key stage of our growth. Our ambition is to be a category leader for virtual healthcare. You will be joining a highly entrepreneurial team that combines technical, clinical, operational, and commercial colleagues.
We're solving real problems for patients and health systems. we’re looking for dedicated people with a passion for healthcare.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced operations manager to lead Doccla's warehousing operations & support hospitals by providing medical kits to patients across the UK. This is a perfect role for someone eager to join a growing and fast paced business.
- Ensure that the warehouse operates at peak efficiency — with customer/patient satisfaction the primary goal — by supervising, organising, and training warehouse employees and establishing, monitoring, and managing operational goals
- Launch a new warehouse management system to enable robust inventory management practices
- Build and hire a strong performing team of packing and logistics specialists
- Train and manage the warehouse team to solve day-to-day operational issues, escalating issues where appropriate and liaising with carriers directly.
- Oversee daily operations while controlling and managing inventory and logistics
- Review and prepare workflows (returns, decontamination, kits assembly, shipping), staffing requirements, space allocations, equipment layouts, and action plans that meet company standards for productivity and quality
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by establishing and enforcing standards and procedures and by complying with legal regulations
- Manage the warehouse including waste management, utility bills contracts, weekly cleaning of the warehouse
- Monitor & continuously improve your KPIs (e.g. low % packing mistakes, deliveries on time via courier etc)
- Supervise daily warehouse activities, including quality assurance, inventory control, space management, logistics, floor productivity, shipping, and customer service
- Schedule and oversee warehouse team, and manage the flow and quality of work to maximize efficiency and minimize overtime
- Inspect equipment, tools, ready-to-go kits regularly, and oversee general maintenance
- Coach and develop your team members
- Oversee and manage logistics for transporting products to customers and patients, communicating with 3PL to ensure efficient delivery of packages
Required skills and qualifications
- Five or more years of experience in a warehouse role managing hourly employees
- Experience with stock management systems (eg Zoho, Odoo, Netsuite, CIN7 etc)
- Proficiency with warehouse procedures and policies
- Excellent problem-solving skills and leadership qualities with a passion for coaching people
- Willing to work some weekends and evenings when required
- Ability to work collaboratively with all levels of company staff
- Ability to deliver effective feedback, both written and verbal
Preferred skills and qualifications
- Associate’s degree (or equivalent) in logistics or supply chain management
- License to operate a forklift (not mandatory)
How we work
We empower everyone to take ownership and responsibility for the company and their role within it. We act ethically and think of helping patients and protecting their safety first.
Whatever your role is, to thrive at Doccla, a can-do and action oriented attitude is essential. As is being a clear and open communicator who is receptive to feedback.
Our team is remote first with offices in London and Stockholm. Most of the team lives in and around London and visits the office one to three times per week to enjoy in person meetings, free lunch with the team, and the general perks of a WeWork. The extent of remote vs office working will depend on your role, as some roles have the flexibility to be fully remote.
We have an employee equity pool that you can be part of so that as the company continues to grow you’ll have a share in its success.
Some of our employee benefits include
- 25 days of annual leave and up to 8 bank holidays per year 🌴
- Employee Share Options 📈
- Onsite Team Lunches 🌱
- Wellbeing budget, from a massage to healthy food deliveries 🧘
- Private healthcare with Bupa 🩺
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Pet friendly office 🐶
What do you get for all your hard work?
- A competitive compensation package (base + equity) with annual reviews.
- Work at one of the most patient focussed and client centric healthtech startups, backed by top VC firms, General Catalyst & Speedinvest.
- Growth. We want you to keep growing. That means trying new things, leading others, challenging the status quo and owning your impact. Always with our complete support.
Diversity at Doccla
We embrace diversity at Doccla. To build a product that is valued we need a team with all kinds of different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. That's why we're committed to hiring people from different backgrounds, race, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability.
We understand that applying for a new job takes a lot of work and we really value your time. We are really looking forward to reading your application!
Doccla is committed to the principles of safer recruitment, ensuring that safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults is central to our recruitment processes.
A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be required for all posts with access to children or vulnerable adults. Please note that it is an offence to apply, offer or accept to do any work with children (paid or unpaid) if disqualified from working with children.