Engineering Manager - Revenue Growth
Discord is your place to talk. Whether you're part of a school club, gaming group, worldwide art community, or just a handful of friends that want to spend time together, over 150 million people across the world use Discord every day to connect, hang out and talk.
We're looking for a technical, hands-on, and mission-focused Engineering Manager to join our Revenue Growth department. The Revenue Growth org is responsible for contributing to a majority of Discord's incremental revenue goals. You will lead a full-stack team of engineers working across platforms to build revenue driving products and services at Discord.
What you'll do
- Work with Product, Design, Business Development, and Marketing to bootstrap this new team’s vision and roadmap
- Build a team of engaged engineers by hiring, coaching, and instilling best practices
- Use your technical expertise and ensure your team delivers extraordinary results at the high technical level we set
- Make sound first-principle decisions around resourcing, and making the rationale clear to partners and team members
- Partner with your director on strategic planning and to improve the Engineering organization and uphold our workplace philosophy
What you have
- You have 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- You have 2+ years of experience as an Engineering Manager
- You've done complex integrations with large companies in the past
- You have a product sense and take pride in understanding your customers
- You are motivated to help your team members succeed and have experience growing engineers
- Code doesn't scare you - you are still an engineer even if you don't do it all the time
- You understand the gaming industry
- You are a Discord user, and understand the core features and flow of Discord communications
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $214,000 to $233,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role and level. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include equity, or benefits.
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!