Senior Software Engineer - Client Platforms
Discord is looking for a highly technical, empathetic, hands-on, and mission-focused engineer who is passionate to join the Client Platforms Org. This collection of squads creates delightful developer experiences for product engineers to accelerate their ability to build and ship UI products. It supports the end-end development process from writing code, to deploying to production, to monitoring how that code performs across web, mobile, and desktop. You’ll bring your expertise and passion for delivering high quality products to equip an all-star engineering organization with the tools and technology needed to move quickly and iterate on product features that bring millions of people together.
What you'll be doing
- Automate and improve the release process for Discord client across mobile and desktop platforms
- Automate tools to effectively detect and triage regressions of KPIs in production
- Thought leader who can set the vision and roadmap for client platforms org to deliver on impactful cross functional initiatives
- Collaborate with product engineering teams, PMs, and designers to understand opportunities to improve the release cadence of Discord app without sacrificing
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry technologies, and leverage that knowledge to continuously improve our release process
- Support product engineers in leveraging the release process effectively through documentation, answering questions, and sharing best practices
What you should have
- 7+ years of experience in software development with a focus on mobile and desktop release management
- Experience with building and managing mobile and desktop release process for apps with large user base
- Familiarity with using monitoring and triage tools like Sentry, Datadog and Mode
- Expertise in a variety of development tools (CLI tools, build/deployment processes)
- Familiarity with modern client-side frameworks and tools (like React, React Native, Typescript, webpack, Babel, etc.)
- Be comfortable with working across multiple programming languages
- Broad experience across many domains and technologies and a fearless attitude when diving into something new.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to think critically about technical tradeoffs to maximize impact for effort
- Concise, kind communication skills and a collaborative attitude
- Ability to mentor engineers on the team and contribute to building an empathetic and impactful team
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $190,000 to $204,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role and level. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include equity, or benefits.
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!