Data Science Intern, Analytics
The Summer Internship
At Discord, we offer a personalized experience for interns. Our aim is to offer an experience that mimics what it is like to actually work here.
Internships are paid and run for (at minimum) 12 weeks, targeting a start date in June 2024 to accommodate varying school calendars. Conditions permitting, our 2024 summer internships will be remote, with an opportunity to spend a week in the office at some point during the program.
Join our team and help us make Discord better for its current & future users! As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to leverage our vast amounts of data to inspire new and exciting Discord features. You'll also use your analytics skills to identify ways to improve our user growth funnels and drive real business results.
What You'll Do:
- Analyze data to understand user behavior and user preferences, with the goal of identifying opportunities to build new features and improve the user experience.
- Design and run experiments in partnership with Product and Engineering.
- Communicate insights and recommendations to business leads and influence strategic decision-making.
- Currently enrolled in a graduate program for a technical discipline
- Analytical mindset, with an ability to solve complex problems
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to convey technical concepts to non-technical partners
- Strong technical skills in SQL, Python, or R
- Strong understanding of experimentation in the form of A/B testing
Salary of $69/hour (Master's) and $78/hour (PhD)
Note: Disclosure as required by NYC Pay Transparency Law and CO Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
Benefits listed below may differ from those available depending on terms of employment*
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 14+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!