Senior Manager of Inclusion, Diversity and Purpose
The Senior Manager of Inclusion, Diversity and Purpose (IDP) will help lead inclusion, diversity and purpose strategies to create a culture of inclusion and belonging for all Discord Employees.
Reporting to the Head of Inclusion, Diversity and Purpose, you will manage our talent recruiting partnerships and end to end IDP strategy to create equitable pathways for joining and thriving at Discord.
What you'll be doing
- Create and manage inclusion and diversity programs from concept to launch. Build end-to-end strategies and advise main partners across HR, Recruiting, Engineering, Marketing, and other client groups on inclusion and diversity best practices
- Design and manage retention and advancement programs. Manage programing, workshops, budget and employee engagement events to create a culture of belonging
- Partner with Discord's Recruiting team to design and manage Diversity recruiting programs and partnerships
- Create a strategy to attract diverse talent and create accelerated development and apprenticeship programs
- Create partnerships and understanding of all programs and campaigns focused on an inclusive culture and promoting diversity
- Advise on Inclusion & Diversity-focused programs, current events, and inclusion best practices to departments and senior leaders that foster an equitable culture at Discord
- Stay connected with employees and externally, using data, insights, and industry trends to support organizational change that fosters Inclusion, Diversity, and Purpose
You'll thrive in this role if
- 6+ years of experience in program management in human resources or diversity & inclusion
- Experience designing and leading recruiting partnerships and talent development programs to lead an equitable employee experience
- Program management skills, ability to operationalize and scale programs
- Experience using data and insights to influence and develop/track solutions
- Great collaboration with broad teams, abilities to accomplish multiple tasks simultaneously with quality results
- Resiliency and nimbleness, comfortable working in "gray areas"
- Experience partnering with people from different socio-economic and cultural backgrounds
- Experience managing and scaling Inclusion and Diversity, Talent Attraction and Apprenticeship programs
- Desire to help unlock Belonging at a mission-driven company committed to creating belonging for communities
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $187,000 to $204,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role and level. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include equity, or benefits.
#LI-Hybrid #buildingbelonging #LI-KG1
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 14+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!