Senior Paralegal, Litigation & Regulatory
Discord is looking for an experienced Senior Paralegal, Litigation & Regulatory to join our growing legal team. This is a high-impact role at one of the most interesting companies on the planet!
As Senior Paralegal, Litigation & Regulatory, your core responsibilities will be to support global discovery requests, investigations, arbitration, and litigation, whether commercial or regulatory. You will also flex your skills to creatively solve challenges that arise as the company grows. You'll work with some super inspiring people across various disciplines, including our Product, Safety, Policy, and Finance teams.
Reporting to our Senior Litigation Counsel, as the first paralegal that the Litigation & Regulatory team has ever hired, you will have a significant impact on how the team and the company expand and evolve.
If this sounds like a fun challenge, please read on ...
What you'll be doing
- Project manage all active litigation and regulatory matters, ensuring execution and response within deadline
- Review new actual and threatened litigation matters and draft summaries to counsel providing information such as the nature of the case, causes of action alleged, and preliminary recommendations
- Liaise among outside counsel, Legal team, and internal clients to translate requests, conduct fact-finding, and retrieve relevant information or documents
- Working with cross-functional stakeholders, drive the development of playbooks, tools, systems, and processes that enable automation, scale, and optionality
- Create and maintain a legal knowledge management system, pulled from legal databases, news sources, and work product (such as memos, briefs, or emails)
- Facilitate the process for sourcing, selecting, and managing external service providers, including managing outside counsel actual spend against budget
- Mentor and train junior team members, and design and deliver client training
What you should have
- 6+ years litigation paralegal experience, gained through either a law firm serving technology companies or in-house work
- Extreme familiarity with US commercial litigation/arbitration processes, from service of process to appeal/settlement
- Experience prioritizing and triaging a high volume of unrelated matters
- Ability to break down complex projects into discrete components and to work collaboratively and strategically at all levels of the organization in order to meet external deadlines
- Ability to develop processes and evaluate tools that will function at scale
- Curiosity and ability to jump into less familiar areas and learn while doing
- Commitment to diversity, inclusion, and belonging
- Experience with international dispute resolution
- Experience with regulatory investigations and response
- Familiarity with data privacy and security principles
- Appreciation for the humor in the absurd
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $153,000 for comp structure to $167,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role and level. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include equity, or benefits.
#buildbelonging #LI-Hybrid #LI-MC1
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 14+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!