Senior Manager of Exploitative Content
As the Senior Manager of Exploitative Content, you will lead a team to deliver responsible safety operations for our users in alignment with domestic and international standards, and support initiatives to protect and enhance the working experiences for the team.
You will serve as the internal subject matter expert on teen and child safety, provide strategic guidance and oversight to a global team, and liaise with internal and external stakeholders to deliver program capability and processes. You will report into our Senior Director of Specialized Intelligence Operations.
What you will do
- Inform Discord’s policies, programs, and plans to promote and ensure quality, consistency, and integration of the Exploitative Content mission
- Manage initiatives, report results, and make recommendations based on risk mitigation, brand reputation, and opportunities to generate safety-related impact
- Lead engagement with business leaders and subject matter experts on strategies, plans, and specific projects relating to the Exploitative Content mission
- Advise and guide efforts by supporting stakeholder teams, including scaled enforcement, data engineering, threat research, and adaptive analytics, to incorporate user safety initiatives, projects, and planning
- Manage industry initiatives, external partnerships and collaborations, and serve as the principal Exploitative Content resource for team and company leaders
- Ensure delivery of high quality, trauma-informed, person-centered services to prevent crimes against children and other vulnerable populations
What you should have
- 8+ years of experience investigating and acting on digital crimes and internet-enabled abuse against children or experience in reviewing and acting on violating adult explicit content
- Experience analyzing and mitigating high-impact threats and online threat actors, with a track record of managing tactical & strategic initiatives resulting in measurable change
- Proven leadership in developing, articulating, and advocating policies and strategies relating to teen and child safety
- Strong understanding of US and global regulation related to digital/online safety
- Demonstrated leadership managing enterprise strategy, policy, and planning, to include liaison relationships with relevant organizations (e.g., NCMEC), law enforcement agencies, oversight organizations, and international partners
- Proven experience in partnering with people operations to support wellness initiatives for employees
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $179,000 to $195,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role and level. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include equity, or benefits.
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 14+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!