Engineering Manager - Nitro Growth
Discord is looking for a technical, creative, hands-on, and mission-focused Engineering Manager for our Core Product team. You will manage a full stack team of engineers working across platforms (iOS, Android, Web) to build features that will help us achieve our revenue goals.
Right now more than 250 million users use Discord and we're growing our multi-million dollar business. Come help us scale our platform and products to directly ensure multi-billion dollars in revenue at Discord.
What you'll do
- Build engaged teams by hiring, coaching, and promoting ownership and effectiveness in your engineers
- Work cross-functionally with our Finance, Customer Experience, Product, Design and Marketing teams to define your team's vision and roadmap by thoroughly understanding the customer and our needs.
- Use your technical expertise to constantly improve and ensure your team delivers extraordinary results at the high technical level we set.
- Develop insights into issues slowing down the team and use it to develop processes that help the team to deliver its goals.
- Guide the careers of the engineers through coaching and finding opportunities that support their technical skillset and goals.
- Influence resourcing, and make the rationale clear to partners and team members.
- Partner with Revenue leadership on strategic planning and improve the Engineering organization while upholding our workplace philosophy.
What we look for
- You have 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer.
- You have 1+ years of experience as a people manager.
- You can work well with cross- functional partners.
- You are motivated to help your team members succeed and have experience developing engineers of multiple levels.
- You approach problems from first principles perspective
- You get excited about working collaboratively to figure out solutions to complex problems, and then building on them.
- You have a product sense and take pride in understanding your customers.
- You use experiments to make data informed decisions and are excited when numbers move by 1%.
- Code does not scare you, you are still an engineer even if you don't do it all the time.
- You keep up with the industry trends and can assess new technologies.
- Remote: We are open to remote candidates
The US base salary range for this full-time position is ($214,000) to (252,000) + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role and level. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include equity, or benefits.
#buildbelonging #LI-Remote #LI-Hybrid #LI-AR1
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!
Something looks off?