Junior BDM - Roma - Categorie Protette (L. 68/99)
Our mission is to transform the way you shop and eat, bringing the neighbourhood to your door by connecting consumers, restaurants, shops and riders. . We are transforming the way the world eats and shops by making access to food and products more convenient and enjoyable. We give people the opportunity to buy what they want, as they want it, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, looking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
We are looking for a field-based Business Development Manager. This is a rare opportunity to become a founding and important member of a growing, well-funded startup. You'll collaborate with Italy's most premium and regarded restaurants. As a member of the local sales team, your role will focus on developing new relationships with restaurants.
More specifically, you will:
- Map, prospect, pitch and close new restaurants across your region in an organised fashion. This means being a city level expert including knowing the up and coming restaurants and which restaurants customers crave most
- Communicate (physical visits, email, calls, or social media) with restaurants to demonstrate Deliveroo technology
- Help restaurant owners / managers overcome any barriers or hesitations
- Attend restaurant and food meet ups
- You must be comfortable with targeting new business and have Sales Experience
- The job requires experience speaking with partners, whether it be face-to-face, through phone or email
- Experience in demonstrating product and industry knowledge to clients
- You will need to be comfortable with negotiations
- Knowledge of the restaurant industry is a significant plus
- You will need to be tenacious
We are looking for someone based in Rome.
This is a 12-months fixed-term contract.
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, looking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we're always looking for new ideas and we're very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer different great benefits in areas including health insurance, dental insurance and life insurance, family, finance (pension), community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander.