Customer Care Team Lead
Our mission is to transform the way you shop and eat, bringing the neighbourhood to your door by connecting consumers, restaurants, shops and riders. We are transforming the way the world eats and shops by making access to food and products more convenient and enjoyable. We give people the opportunity to buy what they want, as they want it, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, looking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
About the Team
The Care team is responsible for ensuring customers are taken care of when things don’t go right. We operate a complex three-sided marketplace (customers, riders and restaurants), and unfortunately, things do sometimes go wrong despite everybody’s best efforts (we are human after all right?). This might include food arriving cold, late orders, or missing items. Food is personal and emotional, it will often be the highlight of someone’s day and this is where we need super agents who are passionate about customers, to come in and recover these situations. After all, no one wants to be hangry!
Leading a team of agents, you will ensure they resolve customer issues and provide a high level of service each and every day to:
- Keep Customers satisfied whilst keeping them coming back to try our wide range of food and groceries, whether it’s 20 chicken wings or the missing ingredients for the brunch they are hosting
- Keep Partners happy which means they can continue to create delicious dishes for customers and Deliveroo becomes their platform of choice
- Keep Riders happy so they can deliver food to our customers in rapid time and they choose to work for Deliveroo over our competitors
- Lead a team of agents, ensuring they are connected to where the demand is and ensuring their workload is effectively managed
- Provide leadership, coaching and support to your team, and develop plans to achieve the contact centre targets.
- Provide guidance and act as support to de-escalate situations for customer issues on calls, emails and chats.
- Manage agent rosters, train agents, and hande problems or queries that require a higher level of authority
- Conduct regular 1:1 coaching sessions and performance reviews with your direct reports and provide performance updates to senior management
- Improve efficiency and output of team by identifying opportunities to improve processes and enhance customer experience
- Identify root causes for team performance and issues, devise plans and provide advice to agents to overcome them
- Liaise regularly with other Team Leaders and work hand-in-hand with QAs to share best practice, ensuring team goals are aligned and maintain service standards.
- Champion a culture of development and growth within the team
- Recognise and celebrate accomplishments as well as exceptional performance within the team
- Reach and exceed performance targets and quality standards for the team (we want our teams to be the best of the best)
- Always go the extra mile for our customers (we pride ourselves on being a customer obsessed company after all!)
- Use company methodology, team input and own initiative to ensure attendance and performance targets are achieved
- Manage the fair and consistent application of performance management and disciplinary measures as necessary
- Support the Operations Manager to highlight operational risks and areas for improvement
- Work with the management team to identify and deliver positive change and business efficiencies
- Deliver the allocated part of the operation within agreed budgets, service levels and business targets
- Escalate any appropriate problems to senior management
- Support the Senior Manager to highlight operational risks and areas for improvement
- Perform any other task as requested by line manager or senior management
By doing this YOU will make Deliveroo the definitive online food company and the next time customers are hungry, we’ll be the first company they think of all thanks to YOU!
- Minimum 3 year contact centre experience, preferably 2 years in a Team Leader role
- Excellent written and spoken English (Minimum - Level C1); Arabic is also beneficial
- Super user of basic computer applications such as Microsoft Office / Google Workspace as well as CRM tools such as Zendesk / Amazon Connect
- Can easily multitask and manage your own time
- Comfortable in achieving targets and setting high standards for yourself, your team and your peers
- Inspirational leader and motivator who empowers the team to deliver the best customer service to our customers
- Ability to deal with demanding customers and escalations
- Effective and clear communicator (sharing knowledge and information)
- Ability to work under pressure
- Highly organised and structured
- Comfortable handling difficult conversations with both customers and team members
- Experience of coaching agents
- Ability to manage upwards
- Emotionally intelligent
- Strong coaching and people-development skills through call listening, quality feedback, etc
Benefits and Diversity
- 25 days of Annual Leave
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance
- Annual flight allowance
- Free Deliveroo Plus - Free delivery and access to special offers
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity benefits
- End-of-year parties and regular social events
- An extremely fun team to work with!
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer many great benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.