Senior Identity and Access Management Engineer
Senior IAM Engineer
The Deliveroo Enterprise Technology (ET) team conceives, designs, builds and sustains the IT services powering Deliveroo's internal teams globally, as we transform the way customers eat. We continually drive service improvements and love to automate everything we can on our journey towards excellence.
We're looking for a Senior IAM Engineer who is excited about building and maintaining the infrastructure and tools used to manage access to our systems for our employees, including both identity provider platforms and identity governance platforms.
You will play a leading role in designing, building and maintaining IAM related services, whilst being a relentless advocate for automation and security. This role requires a broad mix of security, technical, coding and communication skills coupled with a strong desire to learn and embrace new technology.
What you'll do:
- Plan, design and implement systems that enhance the security of Deliveroo's IAM services, including both identity provider services and identity governance and administration services.
- Design IAM architecture with best practices, ensuring alignment with relevant standards and Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for IAM architectures, processes, and configurations.
- Continuously identify gaps in IAM capabilities and drive improvements for user efficiency and security.
- Provide standard patterns, guidance, and technical standards supporting the delivery of IAM solutions and controls.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify roles, permissions, and access requirements across the organisation.
- Develop and implement Role Based Access Control (RBAC) policies, models and guidelines that align with business needs and security best practice.
- Review and improve the user lifecycle management processes to enhance the user experience and bolster security.
- Lead and facilitate collaboration with the security team and other business units to comprehensively understand pain points and requirements, and subsequently design effective solutions.
- Take ownership to resolve issues related to identities, systems access, accounts, authentication, authorisation, entitlements, and permissions - whilst producing playbooks, tooling and sharing knowledge to empower our Service Desk where possible.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Expert knowledge in Identity and Access Management technologies and systems, including IAM protocols such as SSO/SAML, OAuth/OIDC, SCIM and 2-step verification, systems including Google Cloud Identity and Active Directory, AzureAD, Okta, Sailpoint.
- Expert knowledge on IAM architecture and integrations.
- Expert knowledge in IAM processes and controls including identity lifecycle management, RBAC, access request and fulfilment, access governance, SoDs controls and Privileged Access Management (PAM).
- Knowledge and experience using GCP or AWS.
- Knowledge of zero trust security model components and related software products (for example Google's BeyondCorp Enterprise)
- Knowledge of network security technologies.
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new and emerging technologies, methodologies and solutions.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and impact others and drive changes effectively.
Our mission is to transform the way you shop and eat, bringing the neighbourhood to your door by connecting consumers, restaurants, shops and riders. . We are transforming the way the world eats and shops by making access to food and products more convenient and enjoyable. We give people the opportunity to buy what they want, as they want it, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, looking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Benefits
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. Benefits differ by country, but we offer many benefits in areas including healthcare, well-being, parental leave, pensions, and generous annual leave allowances, including time off to support a charitable cause of your choice. Benefits are country-specific, please ask your recruiter for more information.
At Deliveroo, we believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest-growing businesses in a rapidly growing industry.
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in all aspects of our hiring process. We recognise that some candidates may require adjustments to apply for a position or fairly participate in the interview process. If you require any adjustments, please don't hesitate to let us know. We will make every effort to provide the necessary adjustments to ensure you have an equitable opportunity to succeed.