Security Project Manager
At Deliveroo, it is our mission to build the definitive food company. In order to do that, we’re building a company that is secure and protects the data and money of our customers, employees and investors.
As a Security Project Manager, you will be working closely with the fast growing Security function to deliver various cyber security projects and initiatives as part of Deliveroo's Security strategy, while also supporting projects from other parts of the business where Security input is required. This will involve collaborating with various Engineering teams as well as stakeholders across the company including Technology, Legal, and Compliance to improve the overall security maturity of Deliveroo.
Reporting to the Head of Security Programme management, you’ll be primarily responsible for ensuring that various security projects deliver on their objectives via both Agile and Waterfall methodologies. This includes facilitating various project governance meetings to track progress and manage risks and issues that arise.
What you’ll be doing
- Manage project kickoffs to define scope, resource requirements, project plans including key milestones and all project communications to ensure the successful adoption of the security initiative.
- Coordinate the entire lifecycle of the security project including creating rollout plans, establishing go-live criteria, defining the owners of each stage, risk and issue tracking and communicating progress to the wider business as required.
- Anticipate potential issues, explore contingencies, and provide escalation management throughout the project lifecycle.
- Support creation of Business cases and facilitate Finance, procurement and legal sign off where required.
- Contribute to Security Sprint planning and coordinate resource prioritisation when supporting project requests from other parts of the business
Skills and Requirements
- Prior experience and passion for working in cyber security as a Project Manager or similar experience.
- High level knowledge of the security technologies and capabilities used in an enterprise, particularly in a high growth, cloud based environment.
- Good knowledge of Agile frameworks (Scrum, Kanban) in addition to Waterfall
- Good Interpersonal skills to build relationships, and collaborate with diverse geographically distributed teams.
- Proven experience of successfully project management and delivering various security initiatives.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills.
- Solve problems and resolve issues to keep multiple projects on track
Preferred, but not required:
- Familiarity with software development and tooling, in particular Atlassian / Jira
- Experience in a scrum master role or similar
- Experience with security audits and compliance and risk management.
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgment when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.