Performance Analyst (9 Month Maternity Cover)
Deliveroo is on a mission to be the definitive food company. We want to be the platform that people turn to whenever they think about food & groceries. We continue to operate in a competitive marketplace but have achieved so much over the past year, including significant growth in our Grocery, Editions, Signature & Plus businesses.
We continue to innovate and challenge ourselves on what we should deliver next to achieve our mission. We are investing and building out teams to help us launch new innovative products. It's an exciting time to join and while we have made great progress, we are just getting started!
Based on-site at our London HQ office, the central grocery team connects the dots on what's driving overall business performance; we provide clear insights that empower people to spot opportunities and ask the right next questions. Our analysis is underpinned by a comprehensive understanding of Deliveroo's core metrics and ways of working. We’re looking for collaborative people with an exceptional drive and curiosity, who can take ambiguous questions, and work to address that with data analysis.
Reporting to the global head of Commercial Grocery, your role will involve:
- Data-driven insight: You will provide analytical, data-driven insight to support decision makers inside and outside Deliveroo; Understand underlying drivers of performance
- Analytical rigour: Structure and process data to identify opportunity areas and outliers, and visualise the analysis in a digestible manner
- Influencing to action: Interpret findings in a way that enables the business to make informed decisions and supports / influences new ways of thinking
- Project management and execution: Build structured reporting and overall robust process around account management and partner success to drive adoption of new features
- Cross team collaboration: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to maximise the value of our data and analytics capabilities. Liaise with Leadership Teams and stakeholders in the wider business to define challenging and robust KPIs and targets for various projects within the Grocery organisation
- Design, management and build of trusted data related reports across key stakeholders within the Grocery organisation
- Experience working cross-functionally
- SQL, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- 2+ Years of data analysis in an analytical, strategic or commercial role
- Understanding of or experience in the grocery industry, particularly operations.
Our mission is to transform the way you shop and eat, bringing the neighbourhood to your door by connecting consumers, restaurants, shops and riders. . We are transforming the way the world eats and shops by making access to food and products more convenient and enjoyable. We give people the opportunity to buy what they want, as they want it, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, looking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Benefits
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. Benefits differ by country, but we offer many benefits in areas including healthcare, well-being, parental leave, pensions, and generous annual leave allowances, including time off to support a charitable cause of your choice. Benefits are country-specific, please ask your recruiter for more information.
At Deliveroo, we believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest-growing businesses in a rapidly growing industry.
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in all aspects of our hiring process. We recognise that some candidates may require adjustments to apply for a position or fairly participate in the interview process. If you require any adjustments, please don't hesitate to let us know. We will make every effort to provide the necessary adjustments to ensure you have an equitable opportunity to succeed.