Staff Technical Programme Manager
Tech at Deliveroo
From distributed computing to large-scale system design and complex algorithms to beautiful user interfaces, we have teams working on every step of the journey in real-time to ensure we continue to offer our customers a growing selection of choices at the best price with a fantastic level of service.
Our Platform group enables the expansion of products and growth of our customers to meet the needs of our growing business, accelerate productivity and reduce costs. They provide the core capabilities that engineering and the business rely on to build and operate their technologies and business decisions. They build most of the shared software infrastructure and a self-service layer that allows developers to interact with this delivery set-up and independently self-serve environment, deployments, databases and logs to run their applications.
We are looking for a Staff Technical Programme Manager with product or Platform development experience to define and manage cross-functional programs, platforms and infrastructure that enables the delivery of Deliveroo products. You will research and identify team focus areas, and drive impact where there are complex needs from the respective product groups. You will also provide analytical insight and foresight to help shape technical initiatives and long-term strategic goals, and help a rapidly-growing group to balance maintaining and maturing its culture alongside supporting necessary specialisation and segmentation of responsibilities.
You will report into a Senior TPM Manager. This is a hybrid role requiring 3 days a week in our London office in Cannon Street.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product leaders across the organisation to collect data, and identify pain points and the current and future needs to define requirements
- Work with teams to drive prioritisation and build partnerships across teams, define the roadmap and long-term strategy of the teams you are partnering with.
- Define and track key metrics and key performance indicators and drive execution of program deliverables.
- Break out OKRs into measurable milestones while managing dependencies and risks
- Execute technical initiatives across the whole of engineering whilst actively driving process improvements in the reliability lifecycle
- Increase the overall effectiveness of our platform group by systematically identifying and solving the root cause of technological challenges discovered through the course of program delivery
- Proactively identify and analyse complex, long-term, critical infrastructure problems with engineering leaders and stakeholders.
- Manage changes effectively, balancing the distribution of information amongst stakeholders.
- Enable the easy flow of information and plans between people and teams through the creation of effective communications at scale
- 8+ years of software engineering, systems engineering or technical product/program management experience
- Experience delivering tech programs with a global footprint, having built complex systems/infrastructure at scale
- Knowledge of user needs, gathering requirements, and defining scope
- Deep understanding of development lifecycle, release management
- Experience operating autonomously and leading large-scale efforts across multiple teams and functions with stakeholders in different disciplines
- (Bonus) Experience in platform infrastructure platforms - Storage, computing, developer productivity, cloud infrastructure and security.
Our mission is to transform the way you shop and eat, bringing the neighbourhood to your door by connecting consumers, restaurants, shops and riders. . We are transforming the way the world eats and shops by making access to food and products more convenient and enjoyable. We give people the opportunity to buy what they want, as they want it, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, looking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Benefits
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. Benefits differ by country, but we offer many benefits in areas including healthcare, well-being, parental leave, pensions, and generous annual leave allowances, including time off to support a charitable cause of your choice. Benefits are country-specific, please ask your recruiter for more information.
At Deliveroo, we believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest-growing businesses in a rapidly growing industry.
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in all aspects of our hiring process. We recognise that some candidates may require adjustments to apply for a position or fairly participate in the interview process. If you require any adjustments, please don't hesitate to let us know. We will make every effort to provide the necessary adjustments to ensure you have an equitable opportunity to succeed.