Data Protection Manager (12 Month FTC)
The Global Data Protection team is responsible for designing and maintaining Deliveroo’s global data privacy program and compliance framework. We regularly advise on privacy matters, liaise with regulators, provide guidance and training, and develop privacy compliant processes that have a real impact on our customers, riders and employees. This role reports directly to the Global DPO, sits within the Deliveroo Legal team and has a global reach.
We’re a bunch of creative privacy geeks who get to work at the forefront of emerging tech, help pave the way for others in privacy, and grow and have fun whilst doing so. No two days are ever the same at Deliveroo and we’re looking for a like minded and experienced Data Protection Manager. This role will be based on a hybrid basis in our London HQ.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading on large scale cross functional privacy improvement initiatives
- Drafting and completing DPIAs and PIAs autonomously, and providing privacy advice on new and retrospective business projects i.e. AI, automated processing and personalisation
- Leading on our cookie compliance activities and auditing cookie and similar technologies deployed by our sites and apps
- Supporting the management and ongoing development of Deliveroo’s global data privacy program and compliance framework
- Supporting the DPO Management team in reviewing our company wide training and providing team-specific training to upskill key areas of the business on data protection matters
- Assisting the team’s timely and appropriate response to contentious individual complaints and complex individual rights requests
- Drafting, reviewing and updating internal policies, procedures and guidance materials
- Working closely with our Tech, Privacy Legal, InfoSec, Employment legal, Commercial and other business teams
- Strategic and “big-picture” thinking, an ability to identify potential risks and propose creative solutions to emerging challenges
- Expert knowledge of the DPA, GDPR, PECR and future legislation around data privacy, security and protection, best practise and relevant case law relevant to a commercial, tech organisation
- Demonstrable experience writing reports for and presenting to Senior stakeholders
- Prior experience in the Data Protection team of a large multinational organisation
- Minimum 5 years previous experience interpreting and applying data protection laws, including the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Previous experience evaluating and assessing privacy risks relating to consumer facing businesses / tech platforms
- Liaising with privacy regulators
- (Desirable) International Association Privacy Professionals (IAPP) certification, CIPM, CIPPE, and/or CIPT
- (Desirable) Previous experience advising on global privacy compliance
- (Desirable) Experience with OneTrust
Our mission is to transform the way you shop and eat, bringing the neighbourhood to your door by connecting consumers, restaurants, shops and riders. . We are transforming the way the world eats and shops by making access to food and products more convenient and enjoyable. We give people the opportunity to buy what they want, as they want it, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, looking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Benefits
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. Benefits differ by country, but we offer many benefits in areas including healthcare, well-being, parental leave, pensions, and generous annual leave allowances, including time off to support a charitable cause of your choice. Benefits are country-specific, please ask your recruiter for more information.
At Deliveroo, we believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest-growing businesses in a rapidly growing industry.
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in all aspects of our hiring process. We recognise that some candidates may require adjustments to apply for a position or fairly participate in the interview process. If you require any adjustments, please don't hesitate to let us know. We will make every effort to provide the necessary adjustments to ensure you have an equitable opportunity to succeed.