Public Affairs Manager, UK & Ireland
As our Public Affairs Manager, UK&I, you will work within Deliveroo’s integrated global Communications & Policy team.
You will support the Head of Public Affairs in the development of Deliveroo’s public affairs strategy, representing the company to external audiences. You will work with partners at a national, devolved government and local level, making sure Deliveroo's positions are heard and understood, and bringing the views of the outside world into Deliveroo to shape our operating environment.
You will report directly into our Head of PA, UK and Ireland and work onsite from London HQ at least 3 days a week.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and deliver public affairs campaigns in the UK and Ireland that support Deliveroo and the interests of our consumers, riders and merchant partners
- Advise the business on legislative and regulatory developments in UK and Ireland, shaping our response and driving outcomes
- Work with the Head of Public Affairs to engage government and political partners at all levels, developing a network of contacts
- Create high-quality correspondence and briefing materials on issues core to the business. You will condense complex policy issues into easy to understand material for both written and oral communications.
- Identify new and interesting opportunities for Deliveroo to build its reputation among political partners.
- Experience with Westminster, Whitehall and the devolved nations, with good networks in all
- In-depth understanding of the political landscape
- Experience working in public affairs and political roles, with in-house or agency experience (public policy experience connected to future of work, eCommerce, digital taxation or sustainability of public health is a bonus)
Our mission is to transform the way you shop and eat, bringing the neighbourhood to your door by connecting consumers, restaurants, shops and riders. We are transforming the way the world eats and shops by making access to food and products more convenient and enjoyable. We give people the opportunity to buy what they want, as they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the fastest growing industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, looking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Benefits
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. Benefits differ by country, but we offer many benefits in areas including healthcare, well-being, parental leave, pensions, and generous annual leave allowances, including time off to support a charitable cause of your choice. Benefits are country-specific, please ask your recruiter for more information.
At Deliveroo, we believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest-growing businesses in the industry.
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in all aspects of our hiring process. We recognise that you may require adjustments to apply for a position or fairly participate in the interview process. If you require any adjustments, please don't hesitate to let us know. We will make every effort to provide the necessary adjustments to ensure you have an equitable opportunity to succeed.