Senior Account Manager Glasgow
The U.K. & Ireland is our domestic and most mature market. Teams include commercial, operations, marketing and strategy, and teams in the UK&I partner with global departments such as product, technology and consumer.
The Regional Growth team is responsible for the commercial output of our mid-market restaurant partners in the five nations of the U.K. and Ireland, including our dark kitchen offering, Editions, and dedicated Chinese Category Team. Each region faces their own complexities and opportunities, and our teams are focused on bringing the best possible selection to our customers and opportunities for growth to our restaurants.
We are looking for a City Manager to join our Scotland team.This is a rare opportunity to become an important member of a growing, well-funded startup. You'll build relationships with our restaurant partners in your area, improving our proposition for customers and identifying ways to continue our fast growth. This is an excellent role for someone who enjoys building relationships and drawing insights from data to guide growth. You will report to the Regional Manager for the Scottish Region, and be based from the Edinburgh office but spend the majority of your time in Glasgow.
What you'll do:
- Be the local expert for Glasgow and the West of Scotland. This means knowing the restaurant industry inside and out and being the face of Deliveroo in the area.
- Draw insights from data to improve our customer proposition neighbourhood by neighbourhood
- Account management for top restaurant partners in the area, leading negotiations and optimising partner performance on the Deliveroo platform for growth
- Work with Account Managers based in your cities/areas to support the growth of local hero brands
- Identify and sign up new and top local favourites to Deliveroo and set them up for success
- Lead the local Business Development Managers and be the day-to-day contact for coaching. priority setting and deal-making
- Map out the local sales strategy, identifying the most important value proposition gaps to close and areas to focus on.
- Understand and improve our customer offering in the area through acquiring/having local knowledge. This will involve improving our selection, optimising restaurant operations, and working on the area's strategy plan alongside a Regional Manager, Operations and Account Management teams
- Maximise the potential of marketing opportunities in the area by encouraging restaurant participation
- Proven experience in account/relationship management, sales or strategy roles
- Effective relationship-building and communication skills
- Strong commercial acumen, results and target-oriented
- Comfortable using and understanding data on restaurant partner and city/area performance to identify areas for improvement
- Self-starter, hard worker and well organised, enjoys working autonomously and having a mixture of field-based (2-3 days per week) and office/home working (2-3 days per week)
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, as they want it. We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, looking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and we are always looking for new ideas.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer many benefits in areas including family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation. We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is experience with (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest-growing startups in an exciting space.