Sales Development Representative - Retail
Our mission is to transform the way you shop and eat, bringing the neighbourhood to your door by connecting consumers, restaurants, shops, and riders. We are transforming the way the world eats and shops by making access to food and products more convenient and enjoyable. We give people the opportunity to buy what they want, as they want it, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, and looking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
This is a great opportunity to become an important member of a growing business in a competitive market. Your role will be to build relationships with retail partners in the region and bring them onto the Deliveroo platform. You will be helping new partners to launch and succeed, developing the ‘best in class’ value proposition for our customers within a new and exciting area of our business.
What you'll be doing
- Map, prospect, pitch and close new retail partners across your region in an organized fashion. This means being a category level expert including knowing the up and coming partners and missions we are catering for to create a strong pipeline of leads and new business
- Communicate (physical visits, emails, calls, and social media) with retail partners to demonstrate Deliveroo’s technology and value proposition
- Oversee the partner onboarding process to ensure it is as quick, efficient and seamless as possible
- Ensure partner success within the first eight weeks from signing
- Attend retail and grocery meetups / events
- Number of partners signed each month from target list
- Performance of partners signed (first 3 months)
- 2-3 years of Sales experience
- Experience within the retail sector is a plus
- Demonstrable sales track record with experience prospecting, pitching and closing deals
- Experienced negotiator and able to structure win-win deals for partners and for Deliveroo
- Commercially knowledgeable person who understands the economics of delivery - for retail partners and Deliveroo
- Be able to maturely and confidently demonstrate product and industry knowledge to clients
- Take ownership and work within demanding targets
- Have an interest in all things food and retail
- Be tenacious and motivated
Benefits and Diversity
- 25 days of Annual Holiday Leave
- Comprehensive medical insurance
- Annual home flight allowance
- Free Deliveroo Plus - Free delivery and access to special offers
- Maternity & Paternity benefits
- End of year parties & regular social events
- An extremely fun team to work with !
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.