Head of Operational Support - SMB
The Small Medium Business (SMB) teams are responsible for Deliveroo’s relationships with thousands of independent restaurant and retail partners that operate on the Deliveroo marketplace in a number of markets across Europe, ensuring that they continue to grow and operate efficiently. The SMB team spans the full life-cycle of partner interactions from initial acquisition, on-boarding, reactive support and proactive account management. We do this through our in-house contact centre based in Manchester and in collaboration with our third-party contact centre providers.
As a Head of Operational Support you will be responsible for driving the operational performance and supporting our commercial teams in Sales, Account Management and Customer Success. You will partner with our Heads of functions to enable them to achieve their goals while providing them with the guidance, processes and tools needed to build a best in class contact centre.
Reporting to the SMB Commercial Director for UKI & EU, you will lead a cross functional team of Operational Support Leads to find solutions to the biggest challenges faced by our inside sales and account management teams.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Defining and scoping our operating vision for our SMB Contact Centres and delivering strategic projects to improve commercial performance
- Building core enabling capabilities to support the SMB Contact Centres working in close collaboration closely with our wider Revenue Operations and Sales Technology teams. Capabilities will range across Performance Analytics & Planning, Workforce Management, Quality Assurance, Agent on-boarding & training and Sales & Contact Centre technology deployment.
- GTM: developing the Go-To-Market processes required to embed people, process, data and technology change at scale across Deliveroo
- Stakeholder management: being the ‘voice’ of our Revenue Operations team to the Commercial Leaders and the voice of our SMB Contact Centres to the wider Revenue Operations team, ensuring the agenda of both is represented with other central teams
- Monitoring the performance of our SMB Contact Centres, conducting in-depth data analysis to identify longer term trends and gaps in the performance and creating strategies for course correction when needed
- Proven experience in either consultancy, strategy and/or operational roles, ideally in a contact centre environment
- Operational experience leading and driving operational improvements and/or change management initiatives at scale
- A detailed understanding of the sales tech stack including CRM (Salesforce), sales engagement platforms (e.g. Salesloft, Outreach, HVS etc), telephony and the operational and motivational levers that drive the success of new business outreach, account management or customer success
- Process efficiency: you will have an eye for identifying optimisation opportunities with experience in utilising technology and process redesign to improve ways of working
- Previous experience leading or supporting a Quality Assurance team, including call management frameworks and reporting
- Has strong verbal communication skills with the ability to influence others one to one and in wider groups, and interact with exec level leadership
- Has excellent written communication skills with the ability to craft a clear and concise memo starting from an ambiguous problem
Workplace & Benefits
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. Benefits differ by country, but we offer many benefits in areas including healthcare, well-being, parental leave, pensions, and generous annual leave allowances, including time off to support a charitable cause of your choice. Benefits are country-specific, please ask your recruiter for more information.
At Deliveroo, we believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest-growing businesses in a rapidly growing industry.
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in all aspects of our hiring process. We recognise that some candidates may require adjustments to apply for a position or fairly participate in the interview process. If you require any adjustments, please don't hesitate to let us know. We will make every effort to provide the necessary adjustments to ensure you have an equitable opportunity to succeed.