Our mission is to transform the way you shop and eat, bringing the neighbourhood to your door by connecting consumers, restaurants, shops, and riders. We are transforming the way the world eats and shops by making access to food and products more convenient and enjoyable. We give people the opportunity to buy what they want, as they want it, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, and looking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Purpose of Job:
Deliveroo Editions are bespoke, delivery-only, kitchens designed to host a locally curated selection of restaurants across the globe, and we have big plans for more of the same. As a Commis Chef, you will report to the Head Chef and Sous Chef, and take responsibility for the preparation and cooking of all menu items in line with strict recipe specifications and safety procedures as directed by the head chef and brand guidelines.
- Prepare all food, drink, and menu items to order as required and to the correct standard and specification of the brand
- To work responsibly and hygienically at all times, ensuring that all food is prepared in a safe environment
- To be hospitable, cooperative, and polite with any visitors and fellow team members at all times
- Assisting colleagues and supporting the team whenever and wherever possible, promoting operational excellence and teamwork
- Ensuring all required processes and practices are followed as per DM requirements and adhering to the regulations of the UAE Food Code
- Following reasonable instructions from the management team and carrying out duties as required.
- Preparing and cooking ingredients necessary and assisting in all sections of the kitchen as directed by the Head Chef
- Maintaining high levels of service
- Assisting and monitoring stock, including stock rotation
- Ensuring minimum kitchen wastage
- Keeping all working areas clean and tidy and ensuring no cross-contamination
- Learning skills and recipes from other members of the department and applying them
- Complying with all company policies and procedures and all statutory regulations and food hygiene policies.
- Adhering to appropriate par and stock levels agreed upon with the Head Chef
- Adhering to the Editions code of conduct at all times
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Strong organisational skills
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to work in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- Great communication skills
- Willingness to follow instruction
- Relevant training and culinary qualifications
Benefits and Diversity:
- 25 days of Annual Leave
- Comprehensive medical insurance
- Annual flight allowance (for employee only)
- Free Deliveroo Plus - free delivery and access to special offers
- Maternity & Paternity benefits
- End-of-year parties and regular social events
- An extremely fun team to work with!
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer many great benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away, and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion, or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest-growing startups around.