Data Protection Analyst
About the team & role
The Global Data Protection team is responsible for overseeing the management of all individual rights requests, designing and maintaining Deliveroo’s global data privacy program and compliance framework, and acting as point of contact for data subjects. We regularly advise on privacy matters, create policies, guidelines and training, and develop privacy compliant processes relating to a broad range of data processing.
We are looking to hire an experienced Data Protection Analyst to support the team, with a particular focus on processing individual rights requests, coordinating escalated privacy complaints and supporting the development of training for the company. The position will report into the Data Protection Officer and be based in our London office on a hybrid basis.
What you'll be doing
- Assisting the Data Protection team with their day to day operations.
- Drafting a broad range of data protection team correspondence and procedures.
- Monitoring the DPO mailbox and ensuring that all enquiries are responded to appropriately and promptly, which will entail amongst other things;
- Identification of data subject rights requests from customers, riders and employees and submission of such into existing processes;
- Identification of contentious or high risk matters that require immediate escalation to the DPO, and support on associated research, fact finding, and internal investigative elements;
- Coordinating and responding to data protection queries from the business;
- Responding to privacy queries and/or complaints from customers, riders and members of the public; and
- Management of requests for personal data from external governmental authorities, law enforcement and similar bodies.
- Processing rider, customer, and employee data subject rights requests, with support from the DPO team, including complex DSARs, erasures and portability requests.
- Supporting the DPO team in responding to regulatory enquiries.
- Project management, including preparing and maintaining tracker documents for monitoring progress of matters, data subject rights and privacy complaints.
- Supporting the DPO with general logistical/ administrative assistance (including travel and diary management).
- Joint management of the Privacy team internal mailbox (with the Privacy Legal paralegal) and the Legal Escalations internal mailbox (with other Legal team paralegals).
Candidates should have strong academic background, or equivalent experience, and at least two years experience working as a data protection paralegal or analyst. We are also looking for candidates with the following characteristics:
- IAPP CIPP/E or equivalent data protection qualifications
- Experience drafting concise, highly accurate responses to customer enquiries and complaints;
- Experience processing complex data subject requests;
- Motivated and willing to get stuck in and involved;
- Genuine interest in data protection and privacy; and
Our mission is to transform the way you shop and eat, bringing the neighbourhood to your door by connecting consumers, restaurants, shops and riders. . We are transforming the way the world eats and shops by making access to food and products more convenient and enjoyable. We give people the opportunity to buy what they want, as they want it, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, looking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Benefits
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. Benefits differ by country, but we offer many benefits in areas including healthcare, well-being, parental leave, pensions, and generous annual leave allowances, including time off to support a charitable cause of your choice. Benefits are country-specific, please ask your recruiter for more information.
At Deliveroo, we believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest-growing businesses in a rapidly growing industry.
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in all aspects of our hiring process. We recognise that some candidates may require adjustments to apply for a position or fairly participate in the interview process. If you require any adjustments, please don't hesitate to let us know. We will make every effort to provide the necessary adjustments to ensure you have an equitable opportunity to succeed.