Regional Sales Lead - London
United Kingdom & Ireland (UK&I) is the largest business for Deliveroo and is at the forefront of strategic, commercial and operational innovation. Regional UKI presents one of the biggest growth opportunities available to Deliveroo and we are building a team of commercially savvy, entrepreneurial and ambitious individuals to help us fulfil our potential.
This role is based in London, Deliveroo heartland, where we launched the company 10 years ago. Within this region there is a thriving and diverse restaurant scene with some of the most exciting brands that we work with globally. It’s also a breeding ground for up-and-coming stars of the future, with new restaurants opening every week. And that’s where you’ll come in…
Reporting directly to the Regional Director (London) and working closely with the Head of Regional Sales, the Regional Sales Lead (London) will be responsible for the sales team in Central London and its performance. You will be managing a team of Business Development Representatives, ensuring that they hit their sales targets.
This will involve direct support in-the-field signing best local restaurants in deals which require compelling proposals and complex negotiations. You will also help coordinate our desk-based sales team in Manchester, targeting restaurants which don’t need an on-the-ground approach in London.
You will also be supporting the Head of Sales to scale best practice across the UK. For example, role modelling best-in-class behaviours in Salesforce and supporting the roll-out of training programmes.
What you'll do
- Sales Expert: Managing your team of direct reports to map, prospect, pitch and close the highest potential restaurants across your region in an organised fashion.
- Communication: Understanding and succinctly communicating Deliveroo’s value proposition to support the sell in to restaurants (physical visits, emails, calls, and social media). Keep internal stakeholders informed of the progress of high priority leads
- Commercial Acumen: work with commercial teams to structure complex deals and negotiate effectively with restaurants to achieve the best outcomes for Deliveroo
- Onboarding: Oversee the restaurant onboarding process to ensure it is as quick, efficient and seamless as possible. Set restaurants up for success by selling in growth levers such as marketing tools
- Role Model: A leader within the team, you will be responsible for driving up sales performance across your region including role modelling best-in-class behaviours, managing sales representatives and supporting them to hit team targets. You will also support the Head of Regional Sales to develop these behaviours across other regions.
- Process Improvements: Gain insight in-field into challenges and opportunities for the sales team and work with the Head of Regional Sales to roll out improvements (eg. SF efficiencies)
- Tasting: Sample food from a variety of high quality establishments and attend restaurant and food meet ups. Enjoy the restaurant scene and have an interest in new and different cuisines
Key Goal: Number priority restaurants signed each month in London. Additional goals include:
- Onboarding excellence and upsells - eg. maximising commercial opportunity, selling-in marketing packages at launch, menu completeness at go-live
- Time spent giving feedback and training to more junior team members of the team on their sales performance
- Be comfortable with targeting new business and have sales experience
- 5+ years of sales and commercial experience
- Time spent managing a team and ensuring that they hit targets
- Negotiator able to structure win-win deals for restaurants and for Deliveroo
- Commercially knowledgeable who understands the economics of food delivery - for restaurants and Deliveroo
- Be able to demonstrate product and industry knowledge to clients
- Aspiring leader able to influence colleagues to achieving team goals. Capable of managing cross functional initiatives to improve ways of working
- Take ownership and work within demanding targets
- Have an interest in all things food and restaurants
- Be tenacious and motivated
- Given our diversity of cuisines and desire to bring the best service to our partners, we value additional language abilities and would love to hear about any knowledge of Arabic, Spanish, Portuguese, Swahili, Mandarin, Cantonese, Urdu, Korean, Vietnamese, Thai, Japanese or Bahasa/Malay.
- You will be required to be in our London offices 3 days a week or in the field (meeting partners). In addition there will be regular travel throughout London and occasional travel to other Deliveroo offices in UK&I.
Our mission is to transform the way you shop and eat, bringing the neighbourhood to your door by connecting consumers, restaurants, shops and riders. We are transforming the way the world eats and shops by making access to food and products more convenient and enjoyable. We give people the opportunity to buy what they want, as they want it, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, aiming to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer many great benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an exciting space.