Software Engineer - Frontend
Job Title: Software Engineer, Front End
We're building the definitive online food company, transforming the way the world eats by making hyper-local food more convenient and accessible. We obsess about building the future of food whilst using our network as a force for good. We're at the forefront of an industry, powered by our market-leading technology and unrivalled network, to bring incredible convenience and selection to our customers.
Working at Deliveroo is the perfect environment to build a definitive career motivated by impact. Firstly, the impact that working here will have on your development, allowing you to grow faster than you might elsewhere; secondly, the impact that you can have on Deliveroo, leaving your mark as we scale; and finally, being part of something bigger, through the impact that we make together in our marketplace and communities.
What you'll do?
As a Frontend Engineer at Deliveroo, your individual work contributes to achieving goals across your team. While you will work with your team, you may lead projects, some of which will contribute to goals outside of your direct remit. You will report to managers and groups leads and together deliver the results.
● You will improve code structure, have impact on architecture, review code of any scope produced by your team.
● You'll aim to simplify the maintenance and operation of production systems, visibility, operational readiness, and health of your team's systems.
Collaboration & Leadership
● As well as leading from the front regarding technical execution, you'll build relationships with other engineering teams and identify collaboration opportunities.
● You'll own larger pieces of work, assist with design and technical / implementation choices and influence the roadmap within your team.
● You will take an active role in the hiring process and conducting engineering interviews. This will also extend to the current team where you will support the personal growth of colleagues, encouraging efficiency in their roles.
● 3+ years of experience in building great UIs on the web
● Great communication skills and evidence of successful collaboration with designers and backend engineers
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-ups around.