Senior Operations Strategy Manager
Our mission is to transform the way you shop and eat, bringing the neighbourhood to your door by connecting consumers, restaurants, shops and riders. We are transforming the way the world eats and shops by making access to food and products more convenient and enjoyable. We give people the opportunity to buy what they want, as they want it, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, and looking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
The heart of our mission at Deliveroo is to connect consumers, restaurants, shops and riders transforming the way you shop and eat by bringing the neighbourhood to your door.
As a Senior Operations Strategy Manager, you’ll be finding solutions to some of our biggest challenges to deliver a seamless customer experience in the French market, thus directly contributing to one of the key pillars of Deliveroo’s strategy within the Operations function.
We are looking for a fully-autonomous critical thinker who is able to own a market level area, instrumental in identifying growth & quality objectives, build plans with strong modelling skills, and lead their delivery. This comes with a best in class analytical mindset, deep understanding of the competition and cross-functional influence.
Key responsibilities include:
- Define strategy & execute plan: drive strategic, financial, and operational planning and execution, collaborate with various business units, and contribute to continuous improvement in our delivery network
- Own part of our network efficiency: define market-winning strategies at a hyper-local level, considering factors that make us the most attractive food delivery option, improve service levels across Operations and balance cost priorities with growth and service level delivery. Create models & frameworks to industrialise our monitoring and support our operations
- Deliver initiatives: identify areas of improvement across the three pillars of the marketplace (restaurants, riders, customers), and partner with local & global functional stakeholders to lead impactful initiatives driving change
Qualities we’re looking for:
- Analytical and impact oriented mindset: “doer” attitude with appetite to solve real-world problems and seeking for short & mid term impact, through data analysis, modelling and innovative solution implementations (eg test and learn approach)
- Good communicator with strong stakeholder management skills: become a subject matter expert and trusted advisor through exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills. Ability to write synthetic documents and influence a senior audience
- Insightful, proactive and engaged: capable of both getting “the big picture” (understanding interdependencies and implications of topics with other parts of the business) and deep diving in detailed dynamics at play behind a trend/an anecdote. Proactively collaborates with colleagues across functions and taps into stakeholders’ business knowledge to understand trends, and spot opportunities for customer experience improvement. Able to keep track of competition’s moves and identify impact and opportunities for our business.
- 4-6 years of experience working in a high-paced and project-based organisation, for example at a tech startup or in management consultancy
- Strong experience in quantitative and qualitative analytics (excel modelling, database crunching) and excellent mastery of Google Suite/Microsoft Office. Knowledge of SQL is a plus
- Track record in autonomously structuring, coordinating and executing projects
- Prioritises effectively between tasks, favours 80/20 approaches and can manage multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent (oral / written) communication in both English and French. Track record in presenting to a senior audience and influencing decision making
- Strong stakeholder management skills and thrives in a collaborative environment