Security Software Engineer
At Deliveroo, our mission is to transform the way you shop and eat, bringing the neighbourhood to your door by connecting consumers, restaurants, shops and riders. To achieve that, we're building a company where everyone can belong and do the best work of their lives.
As a Security Engineer you will build and implement multiple company wide security controls and technologies. Working with members of the Security team, you will help execute the security roadmap.
Reporting to the security engineering manager, this hands-on technical role will work on a range of security projects. You will directly influence the security posture of many projects across the company to ensure that security plays an important part in everything we do.
Role location: Hyderabad.
What you'll do:
- Be a one of the central points of contact with the business with regards to cyber security.
- Work with Security Architects and other key stakeholders to ensure that security is built into the design of projects across the business.
- Build, implement and maintain security controls and technologies for the Security team.
- Analyse applications, systems, and infrastructure to identify security risks, and recommend and guide security improvements.
- Contribute to business and security requirements in product evaluations via the RFP process.
- Collaborate with the Product Security function to ensure the appropriate security controls and technologies are in place across the tech stack to support DevSecOps.
- Provide SME support for security technologies or in the event of a security incident.
- Contribute to Security Risk Management function on the development of security policies, security audits, risk management, and security awareness and training.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of experience building and deploying Cloud workloads.
- 4+ years experience in programming with Java, Golang or Scala building tools and re-factoring code.
- Broad knowledge of the security technologies and capabilities used in an enterprise in a high growth, cloud-based environment.
- Experience with AWS/GCP and containerised environments and ensuring that security architecture and engineering aligns to that model.
- Knowledge of at least one security domain (such as identity and access management, application security, data security, cloud security).
- Hands-on and technical background with a understanding of enterprise systems, the security threats they face, and how to remediate them.
Preferred, but not required:
- Experience in AWS IAM
- Experience with SAML and SSO
- Knowledge of security compliance standards and regulations including the GDPR/Data protection.
Our mission is to transform the way you shop and eat, bringing the neighbourhood to your door by connecting consumers, restaurants, shops and riders. We are transforming the way the world eats and shops by making access to food and products more convenient and enjoyable.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, looking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and we are always looking for new ideas
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer multiple great benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.